4.16.2012

# Baby

Staying Chic While Expecting



I hope you all had a marvelous weekend. As I write this I am in bed. Yes, I am officially on full bed rest now, even though I am not due till the end of May. Doctor's orders. Thankfully I was able to shoot some videos in prior weeks (including this week's video) so I will be able to post those for you as time ticks on.

Speaking of videos, this week's has a baby theme to it. It comes by request from Maureen, who asks for advice on how to stay chic while expecting. In the video I give you a mini maternity fashion show and share with you my advice on navigating pregnancy with dignity and grace.

If you are unable to see the above embedded video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur.

Also, I wanted to mention that today marks my one year anniversary on YouTube! I can't believe how time has flown. I've really enjoyed doing videos and I hope you get enjoyment out of watching them. It all started on April 16th, 2011 with this video, How to Tie a Scarf.

So until next time... I would love to hear your own pregnancy related stories in the comment section below...

Have a wonderful week!

Jennifer x

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

11 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Jennifer I applaud your post on staying chic while expecting!
I was the most un-chic expectant mother!
In my day they had horrible clothes for pregnant moms...
I cringe to think that I had a shirt "baby on board"
you are so stylish and I hope that you are resting well and taking care.
When is Baby due?

Kathy said...

Jennifer,
You look great and I am not surprised that you look so put together while pregnant! The last time I was pregnant was 13 years ago and maternity clothing has come a long way since then! I have some horrid photos of myself while pregnant and it wasn't so much that I looked bad, but that the clothes were so unflattering and made me look so much larger than I really was. Sorry about the bed rest. I know that is difficult, especially with a toddler running around. Take care! Kathy

Sarah said...

You are the cutest pregnant person ever! I wear mostly dresses and leggings now (not pregnant) so I imagine I'd do the same thing if I was pregnant too. You make pregnancy look graceful and easy, keep rocking on.

Maureen said...

Thank you for your post! You are as stylish and graceful as always. Best of luck to you during these last weeks of your pregnancy.

Dee J said...

Best wishes to you Jennifer! Thanks for the video (other bloggers I read just go awol for random periods incl. some injured athletes- and here you are making videos for us!) Take care + rest!!

Jennifer Baldwin said...

Bed rest is tough, but it's important to follow the doctor's orders. When my water broke at 28 weeks with my first son, I spent four weeks on bed rest in the hospital (ugh... not even a private room!) to keep him inside and growing a little longer. It was one of the hardest things I've endured, yet I look back on it very fondly. That time made a huge difference in his health and size. Enjoy the downtime and rest up, because going from one kids to two is a big jump! :-)

Karena said...

The maternity clothes are so fashionable now and especially with the way we accessorize!

Do come and enter the $100 Giveaway from Soft Surroundings on my site, they have so many gorgeous tunics.

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Claire said...

Hi Jennifer, an excellent post as usual. My son is 9 mo old now, so pregnancy is still fresh in my mind. My pregnancy uniform was bateau-neck mariniere shirt, paired with skinny Jay-gings and cropped tweed jacket. Almost all of my "maternity" clothes are not from maternity line at all. I just simply buy a size larger and I'm glad I didn't spent a lot of money on maternity clothing.

Please do a post on how to stay chic with a small baby!! I find it extremely more challenging than staying chic while pregnant. My son is teething so drools, spits, burps, and him chewing on my nice sweaters and clothes are the daily norm.

Claire

Lacey R said...

Take it easy Jennifer and hope things go well for you!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Ladies thank you so much for your comments! Bed rest has been interesting. I'm actually working on book edits so it turned out to be a good thing as I get very bored if I am not taking part in my regular active life :) I have plenty of help and wonderful friends so I am truly blessed. Thank you for your messages, requests and thank you for sharing your stories with me. I love to hear from you! Jennifer x

Sandra Sallin said...

Please do rest and take care of the two of you. It must be dificult with the little on running around. Wishing you the best.