10.29.2012

# How to Live Well # Inspiration

How to Deal with Intimidating Situations (and Other News)



Before we begin, I want to extend my prayers and love to everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy. May you and your loved ones stay safe...

How to Deal With Intimidating Situations

You are equal to any situation you encounter.

Oftentimes we think we might not be worthy or good enough for a situation. We might think people are judging us or that we are not qualified. That is why I love this quote from Marlene Dietrich so much. It reminds us that we are equal to any situation, that we are enough.

Glamour is assurance. It is a kind of knowing that you are all right in every way, mentally and physically and in appearance and that, whatever the occasion or the situation, you are equal to it. —Marlene Dietrich

At first glance, the quote seems to be about glamour, but really it's about so much more than that. It's about empowerment. And it's great advice to take for dealing with intimidating situations.

Watch my video to see why this is one of my favorite quotes, and how you can make it work for you. If you are unable to see the embedded video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

This week I would love to know... how do you deal (or not deal) with intimidating situations?

And in other news...

This past week I wrote an article for Tips on Life and Love called, 5 Essential Pieces for The Perfect Fall Wardrobe. I hope you enjoy my picks!

Book News

Lessons from Madame Chic comes out next Tuesday! To lead up to the celebration, there are giveaways taking place on the following blogs this week: The Simply Luxurious Life (thank you, Shannon, for the lovely article too!), Classic + Glam blog and Polly-Vous Français.

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

4 comments:

The Simply Luxurious Life said...

My pleasure! Readers are certainly going to love the book. It is a treat and a great resource for looking and living well.

Anonymous said...

Intimidating was the state of my wardrobe.

Cleaned it out yesterday, and followed your mantra of the 10 items wardrobe. Though I didn't exactly hit 10 because Indian dresses come in sets of 3-4 pieces, I am amazed at the amount of space I've created.

Now to buy some presentable nightwear :-)

Thank you for your guidance, Jennifer.

HC said...

Hi Jennifer!
I was so inspired by your blog. My goal to get down to 10 is going to have to be a process ... last night I went from 400 down to 300. :)

Beautiful Things - Cathy said...

That's a fantastic quote. Marlene Dietrich was a very wise (and very glamorous) woman. x