3.30.2015

# 5-Minute Makeup # le no makeup look

5-Minute Makeup Challenge



This week's video is a fun challenge that has been circulating around YouTube: a 5-Minute Makeup Challenge. I set the timer for 5 minutes and in real time attempt to do my complete makeup routine. I got a little ambitious and decided to add eyeshadow (you know my 5-minute le no makeup look does not include eyeshadow) and the results are quite funny. I hope you enjoy this video!

I am also tagging three of my favorite YouTubers: The Glamorous Housewife, TeriGigi and Melissa55. They all have really fun YouTube channels and you should check them out. Ladies, I hope you're up for the challenge!

Even if you don't have a YouTube channel, it's quite fun to time yourself. See how much you can get done in 5 minutes. Then you can streamline a routine in that time and be well on your way to looking presentable always.



Check out this week's video for all of the 5-minute makeup hijinks. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur (and be sure to subscribe!)

Makeup used in the video:

CHANEL Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation

Benefit Fake Up under eye concealer

Benefit Boi-ing concealer

Laura Mercier loose setting powder

Urban Decay Primer Potion http://www.sephora.com/eyeshadow-primer-potion-tube-original-P284716?skuId=1515733

Laura Mercier Vanilla eyeshadow

Laura Mercier Fresco eyeshadow

MAC eyeliner in Costa Riche

YSL faux cils mascara in burgundy

Bobbi Brown blush in tawny

Hourglass lipstick

News
I am featured in Bankrate in an article called, Gain More by Spending Less.

There will be a very exciting announcement this week so be sure to check back on the blog!


This blog post is shorter because I am in the throes of my book 3 deadline...


Let me know what you think of this week's video in the comment section. And let us know if you have a 5-minute makeup routine.


I look forward to seeing you later this week!


Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer that was hilarious. Great video. I will try this tomorrow.

Tammy said...

Fun! I decided to do my regular makeup routine and see how long it took me. I set the timer to count up and I got everything done in 5 min. 35 sec. :)

Lulu said...

I'd love to see how you organize/store your makeup. I know that, like me, you love both make up and a tidy home. When my make up is "tidy" (neatly in a large makeup case - it ends up being "out of sight, out of mind" and goes unused while I stick to my basics that I carry in my handbag. I have actually found myself buying new colors that I later discover I already had tucked away in my case!

Patricia said...

Jennifer, whenever I watch one of your videos, no matter the topic, I find myself smiling...wide. I just love you and loved this makeup challenge. You looked very good at the end with the extra few seconds, but you looked pretty darn good at the beginning as well. You are just charming.

Patricia

Ruby said...

Such a fun video. I have mastered the five minute face for most days, but when going out with hubby I take my time and extend to nearly an hour... No idea why lol
Anyway, just wanted to mention once again how much I am loving my journey through your first book and soon will purchase the second one and blog through that one as well...Thanks for inspiring me each week.

Ruby said...

Such a fun video. I have mastered the five minute face for most days, but when going out with hubby I take my time and extend to nearly an hour... No idea why lol
Anyway, just wanted to mention once again how much I am loving my journey through your first book and soon will purchase the second one and blog through that one as well...Thanks for inspiring me each week.

Rose said...

Jennifer one of the things that I most admire about you is that you have both a wisdom and sense of humour beyond your years. Please never lose either!

Now ... how the hell do I apply highlighter and where? :)

Abbie said...

What a fun video! I have never timed myself, but I think I usually take 5-7 minutes (sunscreen, a little powder foundation, blush, mascara, and lipstick or tinted balm). Sometimes I add some eyeshadow and/or liner - more so in the fall/winter. The lipstick color you use is very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I would not even attempt to do this! It would take me the entire five minutes just to apply foundation and concealer. I have more to cover than you do, what with acne scars and uneven coloring in places. Don't even get me started on my eyebrows, which I over-plucked as a teen and have never grown in right. It generally takes me fifteen minutes to do my face, but I think that's pretty good, considering the array of products I use (primer, foundation, cream blush, concealer, powder, eyebrow pencil, one or two eye shadows, highlighter, liner, lash curler, mascara, and lipstick. Whew! All that just to look like I'm not wearing very much makeup!) and the care I take while applying it (I use waterproof liner and mascara, and all-day wear foundation. If I make a mistake, it's not coming off until I wash it off.) If I'm staying home, I skip the darker of the eye shadows, which I use for the contour, as well as the eyeliner.

Unknown said...

That was fun to watch, your typed text comments just cracked me up! I'm going to try it tomorrow, I hope I do as well as you :-)

Unknown said...

Dear Jennifer,
Thant was wonderful and hilarious!

Since you so kindly share your videos with us, I would like to share with you a book series which I believe you will enjoy. The series is by Kerry Greenwood, an Australian author. The books are based around an ultra-glamorous, yet very down-to-earth female sleuth, the beautifully named Phryne (Fry-nee) Fisher during 1920's Melbourne. The books have also been recently televised, fairly successfully, though not with the full supporting cast of characters.
A delightful read with a cup of tea, and a slice of blueberry cake! :-)
Warm regards, Marija

TheGirlCan'tHelpIt! said...

So cute and fun!!