3.17.2016

# At Home With Madame Chic # guest bedroom

Guest Bedroom Tour



We come to the last video of the week. I hope you enjoyed the tidy home theme on The Daily Connoisseur. I sure did have fun sharing the videos with you! We recently rearranged the furniture in our guest bedroom. This week's video is a quick tour of the room and how I got it ready for my cousin's stay. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel at www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur


Comments of the Week
Polly writes:

You gave great advice on the exhaustion! Cutting way back on activities and expectations, getting tiny little rests (I would rest on the sofa while my children played around me--10-20 minutes of that gave me enough of a second wind for the rest of the day), going to bed *early* (when my daughter was a baby I went to bed at 8pm every night, because she was such a fitful sleeper! and I got up at 8 am when my 3 year old woke up), and thinking through the planning of essentials such as meals and laundry really go a long way. The season doesn't last forever, but it feels endless when you're sleep-deprived!

Choosing a tiny, kind thing to do for yourself each day is also helpful, in my experience. A hot bath, some time to sit and knit, fresh air, 20 minutes to read a book, sketching or writing for a few moments...these were all small refreshers that I took when my children were very tiny. Just a few minutes of some small investment in your own creativity or peace of mind makes you feel so much more human and energetic.

And it does get so much easier! You just cannot do it all when you have young children...and that's okay. Choose the best and the rest will fall into place!


Hi Polly, you give wonderful advice. I agree that investing some time in yourself each day is essential to recharge your battery. Thanks for the great comment!

TheLatonya999 writes on the Quick Morning Makeup Routine video:

Believe it or not, I am 44 years old and you just taught me how to apply makeup. Most videos of this type are just far too complicated and I don't have the attention span nor the time to apply make up in such a complicated fashion. Thank you so much!

Hi Latonya999, I love this! Sometimes you just need to see someone else's routine to get inspired to do your own.

Thank you for joining me this week. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you next time.

Jennifer x



Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

9 comments:

Gigi said...

I've loved your quick tidy series this week! You have a beautiful home.

Rose said...

What a lovely welcoming room Jennifer. Best of all, it's calming because it's so uncluttered.

Daesman said...

Your home is just like you Jennifer- elegant, stylish, while also down-to-earth and without pretension. What I most appreciate about your entire approach is the emphasis on doing and presenting your best, but escaping the trap of pinterest perfection. Thank you for sharing glimpses of your lovely home and daily routine with us!

Sparrow Girl said...

I enjoyed watching your tidying series this week. Beautiful guest bedroom -- I am sure your cousin will love it. One tiny thing: It may have been an oversight on your part, but I noticed the toilet lid was up in the bathroom. I don't know what Madam Chic would think, but after a friend of mine's mother gave me an earful about leaving the toilet lid open once, I have always made sure I closed it (and have done so for the past 20+ years!). I agree with her that it is far more hygenic, safer (toddlers have been known to drown in toilets left open like that), less messy if one has pets (dogs often mistake them for water-dishes), and it just plain looks better.

I agree with Daesman -- thanks for sharing your lovely home with us and your daily routine.

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer,
"But do slouchy clothes make for slouchy work?" Such is a question posed in this morning's report on NPR's Morning Edition (http://www.npr.org/2016/03/18/469669877/power-suits-how-dressing-for-success-at-work-can-pay-off).

Thought you might be interested in reading it. It is always so encouraging to find an article/report that validates those ideas and values that we intrinsically and anecdotally know to be true.

I always found that I did much better on college exams when I was presentably dressed (no pajamas or sweatpants, please).

I enjoy your work and enjoy your readers' comments. It is also validating to find like-minded people.
Many blessings,
Virginia
www.wellofencouragement.com

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,

I love your guest room. I think I would bring the 3 paintings on the wall closer together and maybe a touch lower. Hard to tell with the photography if the pictures are really too high. Very nice collection and comfortable and inviting.

Mary Beth

Stephanie Clayton said...

I love this! Fresh and chic. Your wall color is dreamy!

Vicki Zimmerman said...

It's so much fun to see the rooms of your beautiful new home, Jennifer, and I hope your cousin is enjoying her lovely guest room. The colors are serene and I like the desk in the room, as well. I think your wise husband had a great idea to rearrange the furniture and, from a feng shui aspect, and I'm no expert, but in looking at a few of these design principles from a logical flow kind of way, it's nice that the bed is no longer perpendicular to the doorway and as you say, this configuration opens up the room and makes it appear larger than before. The only other thing I do, in all the bathrooms, is to keep the toilet seat lid/cover down, at all times, simply because I think it looks better. Thank you for opening up your home to us and I can't wait for the Day in the Life video.

Nana said...

I just loved it!!!
Kisses and God bless you.
Nana
http://procurandoamigosvirtuais.blogspot.com