10.20.2013

New Book Club Selection, Artistic Entrepreneur & More



Hello everyone... I hope you had a great weekend!

I've been working so much on the new book (deadline January 15th) that I have been behind on the blog preparation. But I managed to shoot this week's video, which turned out pretty substantial after all. It discusses my recent Harvey Mudd talk on artistic entrepreneurship and introduces our next book club selection, The Untethered Soul.

I won't start the book club until the new year but I wanted to give you ample time to get ready. The Untethered Soul has completely knocked me off my feet. And if you find The Four Agreements life-changing, you will be blown away by the lessons in this book.
My dear friend, Matt Weinstein, sent me this picture of my book from Grand Central Station, NYC. You can imagine how thrilled I was to see Lessons from Madame Chic placed right next to The Untethered Soul!

If you are unable to see this week's video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur.

This week I would love to know... are you an artist? How do you share your art with the world? Are you an artistic entrepreneur?

News

Lessons from Madame Chic is featured on Little Yellow Couch as part of their series on civilized living.

See you next week for signature scent updates ♥

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

10 comments:

Ann R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann R. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann R. said...

My apologies for the deletions. I should have proofread my comments before posting. I had found a grammatical error, which bugged me, so I deleted my posts. What I wanted to say was that it was a nice surprise to see your newest video. I always seem to be online the same time you add one, which is a treat. I look forward to the next book club on The Untethered Soul. I haven't read it...yet. The minute after your post I placed it on hold on at the library site. Thanks for your blog. Keep up the good work. I enjoy your insights.

Rose said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the book recommendation, I'll be reading that one. I love the photo of your book beside the new recommendation!

birdie to be said...

Thanks for the new book recommendation! Looking forward to it. The new camera looks great!

Joni said...

I started reading The Untethered Soul this summer and was really enjoying it. The author has a nice style of writing and makes the heady material easy to grasp and understand. Before I could finish it, however, I had to return it to my library (wasn't able to renew it). I'm now looking forward to checking it out again and this time finishing it.

juliagray19 said...

Before we launch into our next book club selection, there is one comment I'd like to share about the last of the Four Agreements: Always do your best. Well, I had had a nagging feeling I was not doing my utmost to make sure I got recalled after getting laid off as a teacher. I belong to a union, and there was always this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I should have had enough seniority to get called back. This feeling continued for many months. I thought about the concept in The Four Agreements that if you do your best everyday, there is no need to feel regret because you really did everything you could. So I called my union president to double-check make sure I had not been overlooked in terms of seniority because that would mean I could, potentially get my job back. Turns out there was no mistake, but it was a very, very close call, much closer than my department head assured me that there was and that I was wrong. Another teacher was hired 13 days before me, which is why she is teaching and I am not due to underfunding from the state legislature. In a way, it was a relief I took the energy to finally stand up for myself and make sure I had done my absolute best. No regrets. I felt a weight lifted from my shoulders. So, a belated thank you for choosing that book. It really helped me in my professional life.

lemoisdesmirabelles said...

Dear Jennifer, just couldn't not send you this song, sure you know it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ymgk1hjkk It's not ment to be anyhow personal nor any assumntion maker :D
Can you, please, tell if you achieved the above hair by a regular blow dry at home? It's so beautiful.

ThaĆ­s said...

Hi, Jennifer, how are you. My name is Thais and I am a Brazilian reader, so sorry for bad grammatical... So, I want to say I read your book in my Kindle and I love it. Congratulations!!!! I am loving your blog and I am anxious for your new book...

Tracy Sturdivant said...

I'm so excited that you have selected "The Untethered Soul" for the next book. I read that a few years ago and never had anyone to discuss it with. I was very ill and it changed my life. I would love to read it again! The fact that you have selected this particular book makes me respect you all the more. It is not an easy read and if you are ready it will change your paradigm. Have a wonderful holiday season! Kindest, Tracy Sturdivant

 
BLOG DESIGN © 2012 SMITTEN BLOG DESIGNS/ CONTENT © 2012 DAILY CONNOISSEUR