The Art of Packing: The Weekender
Recently my husband and I ventured to Palm Springs to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We stayed at the La Quinta Resort and Club. This was a short, two-day jaunt that I was very much looking forward to.
I was also excited to try out my new packing skills and modify them for a weekend trip. Thankfully I checked the weather report before packing (always a good idea) and discovered that each day would be scorching hot- I’m talking 100 degree Fahrenheit plus! This, of course, altered the idea of what I was going to pack tremendously and made it really easy to pick out what to bring.
- White jeans (for evening)
- A pair of tailored white shorts (I love this look for summer)
- Two billowy tops (I find that when they are billowy they are less likely to cling in sticky-hot weather)
- A knockout dress (for our anniversary dinner *wink * wink *)
- One pair of wedges and a flat jeweled sandal
- Bathing suit and cover up (I still haven’t gotten around to purchasing a colorful cover-up so I had to opt for the black one I used in Portugal)
All of this fit easily into a tiny “carry-on” sized bag. Even though we were driving. It still felt good to pack light. Also when I got back from my last trip- rather than emptying out my toiletries case, I updated it- refilled any bottles that needed filling- so that it was ready in a pinch for my next journey. I simply placed my toiletries bag in my carry–on knowing that it was fully equipped with everything I needed. I must say- when it comes to traveling it feels good to be organized!
Image of the La Quinta courtesy of: www.getawayspas.com
For more information on the La Quinta, please visit: www.laquintaresort.com