2.12.2015

# hair tutorial

Chic Hair Claw Updo Tutorial



It's a week of how-to's on The Daily Connoisseur as I have a fun bonus hair tutorial for you today. Many women own a hair claw but only know a few ways to use it. Today I show you my favorite way to use a hair claw. This look works best on medium to long hair.



Gather the top half of your hair back behind your ears, twist the hair as though doing a mini French twist, push up to create volume and clip into place with the hair claw. You can leave it here, or for an updo...



Take the remaining hair and twist all the way to the ends. Then bring the twisted hair back up in a U-shape, parallel to the hair claw. Then take the hair claw and re-open it to include the twisted hair. Leave the strands out for a more casual look or tuck in the hair for a chic, more polished look.

Be sure to tug the hair up at the crown of the head to create volume without having to tease.

This is a great look for bad hair days or for when you need a fast and easy, yet elegant way to get the hair out of your face.

Watch the video for a full demonstration. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel (and subscribe!) www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

News
York Avenue blog says At Home With Madame Chic would make a great gift.

Elle en Jetset blog cites Lessons from Madame Chic in her blogpost on the perfect tee shirt.

Check out my interview discussing parenting and much more on Motherhood Moment.



I hope you enjoyed today's bonus video! Let me know what you think in the comment section.

Have a beautiful Valentine's Day weekend. See you soon!


Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

7 comments:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

You’ll looooove our plethora of produce, girl, which’ll plant the seed for YOU to grow to great heights!! PROCEED AT YOUR OWN WISK:

Frankly, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, alas! I’m not out to please you. Lemme wanna gonna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

Greeting, earthling. Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe/accept: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, catch-22-excitotoxxins, guhroovaliciousnessly delicious, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Idyllic/Firepower/Sexy addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF the OUTSTANDING, NEVER-ENDING, THRILLIONTH-RED-MARKER-POSSIBILITIES!!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

Deb said...

I'm going to try those for work next week.

wildnettle said...

I have two left hands ;)

Unknown said...

I will try this but my hair is really long and heavy... so there are just some hairdos that don't work so well for that.

Thanks again for your tutorial! Can't wait to see what you have for us on Sunday! Happy Valentine's Weekend to you too!

Fê said...

Hi, Jennifer! You have a beautiful profile.
And I think this is the perfect updo to go to work when is 30, 32° every day, like São Paulo in the summer.

Ladylike said...

Thank you for the tutorial, Jennifer. I want to respond to Dr. Kool-Aid, especially as it relates to the Daily Connoisseur. I didn't know I would be invited to discuss spiritual beliefs on this blog, but, as I have a Masters degree in psychology (a real one), and I've been told I have priestess energy, I'm up for it.

Dr. Kool, you are right that we shouldn't worry about what other people think of us. That's true, but it's not what we are doing here on the Daily Connoisseur. We are worrying about what we think of ourselves. Can we hold our heads high at the end of the day about the way we kept our home, kept our temper, the meal we prepared? No one outside sees any of the above, but we are taking good care of ourselves and our families because we understand that what happens here on Earth does matter.

You're right that there is a Great Beyond, and death is not final. Thank you, Dr. K., for worrying about our souls. It's kind of you, but I believe we are already saved, all of us, no special passport required. You said you saw heaven when you were 15; you didn't need a special passport to see that, did you? You were just a pimply teenager, not too special!

I believe we all go to heaven, and when we do, we will be looking down upon the results of our choices and our actions. We will be looking at our children and our grandchildren, if we are blessed enough to have them, and we will understand, if we didn't understand before, how our actions are playing into the future for generations.

I have loved ones in the Great Beyond, and I believe that's exactly what they're doing. They are understanding what they did well and what they could have done better. I also believe they are offering support to us (like the whispering of angels). If it will serve a purpose, they might come back and live again on Earth. Yes, I believe in reincarnation. Some of my bonds with my loved ones are so strong, it seems likely they were forged over more than one lifetime.

In short, there is a purpose to our lives here on Earth, and that purpose is for us to make the world a better place and for us to grow into kinder and more wise people. I think that any belief that says, "nothing matters here other than as it affects whether we go to heaven or not" does the world a great disservice. I pray that you will be able to expand your beliefs to include caring about the Earth and everyone's experiences here.

Have a happy St. Valentine's Day, everyone!

--Dr. Mom

Rita said...

I'm with Fe - you have a beautiful profile!

As for the posts on spiritual beliefs - AACK!