1.16.2012

# fitness # Health

My Fitness Routine



The new year always brings about inspirational ideas about getting our lives together- clearing clutter, eating healthful foods and getting fit are possibly the three main resolutions come January 1st. I recently had a request from YouTube viewer Gracia89 asking about my health and fitness routine and thought that this new year was an apt time to address the subject.

For those of you that have read my book, Lessons from Madame Chic, it probably will come as no surprise to you that fitness for me has nothing to do with weighing myself, counting calories or ‘feeling the burn’. I like to take a more holistic approach to fitness. For me, being physically fit means being of sound mind and body- being at peace, feeling healthy and most importantly not feeling stressed.

That is why the exercises I choose to do tend to have a moving meditation feel to them. I like yoga, qi gong and tai chi. Those exercises can be practiced at a gym, a studio or at home with a dvd. Along with those structured classes I also incorporate exercise into every day of my life as a lifestyle choice. Doing so has kept me fit and healthy my entire life.

To learn more about my fitness routine, watch the above video. If you are unable to see the embedded video click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

Thank you to Gracia 89 for making this request.

Book News


A really great in-depth article was written by Irvine Traveller in the Hub Pages about Lessons from Madame Chic this past weekend. I love to hear what different people get out of the book and which lessons resonate with them. To check out the article, click here.

Also, Lessons from Madame Chic was mentioned on English blog, That's What Wendy Said. The book provided her with the inspiration to never leave her house looking like a 'shlub' (her words not mine!) :) To check out Wendy's blog, click here.

I would love to know… what is your fitness routine?


Subscribe to The Daily Connoisseur on Amazon Kindle

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you I like to incorporate daily activity into my fitnesss routine. Until I got a dog I was a Zumba and water aerobic enthusiast/ maniac. But now I walk, sometimes run, with my dog at least 30-60 minutes a day. I am trying to add in more stretching and toning by doing a Leslie Sansone band workout 2x a week building up to Lotte Berke. I am a firm believer that too much stress on the body, whether good or bad, is still stress and my body will react negatively to it--I have paid the price way too often (due to some chronic health issues). ~~Bliss

Nanne said...

I'm working on getting back on track with my running. I love running outdoors, to me it has a definitive meditative feel. For the time being I have to resort to the treadmill at my local gym due to the weather, but it's still better than not doing anything at all. I'm also considering to start doing pilates, I need some restistance training in my fitness routine.

Wendy said...

Thanks for the blog mention! Was in Paris this past weekend with future-hubby, and as we were walking around I would point out things I learned from your book (how Parisians dress, how they eat, which cheese is the King of Cheese, etc.)!

Anonymous said...

My exercise regime consists of a daily walk in our hometown park, and 30 min. of yoga at home. Don't have a firm schedule, but set aside time each day.

I work in a people-driven industry, plus my family keeps me active, so this is time alone to just savor music while walking, and quiet during yoga.

Then into a hot, lavender-scented bath afterward to melt the tension away and breath deep. What joy is mine! = )

Irvinetraveller said...

What a thrill to hear from you! Thank you for reading my article and mentioning it in your blog but, most of all, thank you for Lessons from Madame Chic. I wish you great success.

TaTs said...

I go to the gym... a very nice one because I think is important to feel inspired. I do cardio for 45 minutes and a lot of abdominals.

And after reading your book... I walk MORE... I try to walk every time I can.

a hug and a kiss form Mexico

Merveilleux said...

For my everyday exercise I like to walk. I will do yoga too occasionally but walking is my thing. On the weekends I go for hikes or bike rides.. Last Saturday I rode 18 miles.. I love being outside. :)

Anonymous said...

I like to walk to stay in shape. It is also very nice for the environment and my car is like new!
:) I do some stretches every day, too, and when the weather is very bad I substitute men's pushups and situps. They are very hard but take very little time.

I just finished your book on Kindle and enjoyed it very much.

Sheree

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hello ladies- thank you for sharing your exercise routines. I love hearing them. Different combinations seem to work for most of us... I was worried when I only did yoga, qi gong and walking that I would not get enough strength training in but now with a toddler that weights 23lbs and who I am constantly picking up that box is now checked and every day is strength training! :)

Thank you to all of you who have mentioned the book and have enjoyed it. It makes me so happy to hear... Hope you've had a great weekend! x

engagement rings said...

Love the routine, my strategy is little and often - a little bit every day. I'll get there.

Robbiegirl said...

I am 56 years old and just found you and so glad I did.