Your Blog is Fabulous! Awards
I am very humbled to have received two awards for "Your Blog is F@*%^$ Fabulous" by two of my favorite bloggers: Rose from A Rose Beyond the Thames and Jenavira from Scent of Abricots. Thank you ladies- both of your blogs have provided endless moments of pleasurable, thought-provoking reading.
Because I have won this award, I am now going to follow the rules (posted, in full, below), list my top five addictions and bestow the award on five of my favorite blogs.
For my top five addictions:
1. Books by Alexander McCall Smith. I know I reference Mr. McCall Smith all the time in my blog and it is for good reason. His books are the literary equivalent of a perfectly made cup of tea enjoyed by the fire on a chilly afternoon. I find them to be humorous, philosophical and endearing. Every single one.
2. Chanel eyeshadow. Chanel does so many things right: perfume, clothes, sunglasses but I personally cannot live without their eyeshadow sets: les 4 ombres. I find that the sheer quality of the color, pigmentation and sparkle factor (yes, that is a scientific term) is unparalleled. My favorite two right now? Beiges Velours and Variations.
3. Essie nail polish in Mademoiselle. This is the perfect neutral shade for a manicure. I love love love it!
4. Television shows on etiquette. I've mentioned them in the past and they continue to be an addiction. Right now I am thrilled that the Sundance channel is airing the third season of Britain's Ladette to Lady. Bring on the manners!
5. Backgammon. This is an old fashioned game that my husband introduced me to. We play a minimum of three games a day. It is a game of strategy and luck. And there is something, I feel, so romantic about staying up late to play a game of chance with your guy.
And now for my Blog Awards.... drumroll please!
1. Juliana from Dining on Deals. Juliana is a connoisseur of deals. She goes in search of the best restaurants in Los Angeles and finds out what specials they offer. Her reviews are descriptive and honest. A fabulous new blog!
2. Cashmere Librarian at Chez la Vie. This lady has style and a blog to prove it!
3. Here, There, Elsewhere and More. A beautiful blog with poetic words and images. An inspiration.
4. Vicki at French Essence. Vicki leads a fabulous life and documents it on her blog in all its glory.
5. Scentscelf at Notes from the Ledge. Scentscelf has an unconventional approach to perfume and I am a huge fan...
Congratulations to the winners! If you are so inclined to keep these awards going, the rules are as follows:
1. You pass it (the award) on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post. (easy Below)
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.