3.15.2012

# beauty # Books

Thank You, The Neutral Manicure & Weekend Reading

I wanted to take this opportunity to say Thank You to all of you for your comments and emails regarding Monday's post On Rejection. So many of you shared your own stories and struggles. It has truly inspired me. I'm really grateful we have this community together where we can support each other in achieving our goals- so thank you again!

Also, for those of you who haven't already seen this week's video, The Neutral Manicure, check it out below. If you are unable to see the embedded video below, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur



And to make sure you never miss a video (if I don't post it on the blog) be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel.

Blog and Book News

Lessons from Madame Chic and The Daily Connoisseur have once again been mentioned on several websites the past few weeks:

Cindy La Ferle references Lessons from Madame Chic in her article titled Useful and Beautiful.

Elizabeth Lukes has written about Lessons from Madame Chic on her new blog, The Strength of Words, in an article called, The French, Demystified.

And lastly, writer Annie Brewer has written a marvelous review of Lessons from Madame Chic on the Yahoo! Contributor Network.

Until next time, I would love to know... what is your favorite neutral nail polish?


Subscribe to The Daily Connoisseur on Amazon Kindle

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Actually my favorite neutral look isn't polish at all - just well shaped nails that are buffed to a high shine (Revlon Crazy Shine buffers make your nails look like they have a clear coat). No chemicals, no smell, no chipping. I just shine them up every morning, good to go in 30 seconds.

Yvette | Classic Glam Blog said...

Loved the video! My favorite neutral nail color is "sugar daddy" by essie :)

you're welcome for the award! Please keep the award going :D

Best,
Classic+Glam

ronda said...

I love Bubble Bath OPI

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

OPI Hearts and Tarts for me!
I missed your post as I was away so I'll go read it now...
take care Jennifer.
XO

Geri said...

I look forward to your videos each week! I've been an Essie fan for years (20 or more...during tips and wraps, acrylics and now in the trying to grow phase). I started out with Delicacy years ago, then Mademoiselle, Fed Up, Ballet Slippers and now Sugar Daddy and Blushing Bride. I also use Revlon's "How Romantic" which is a mauve that's sheer, but not as sheer as Essie, which I like when my nails might be a bit more yellow from polishes. I can still find it at Ulta though it's been discontinued in most of the Drug Stores. Another neutral but with a bit of irridenscense is OPI Rosey Future. Keep up the great work...you're saving me tons of money with your recommendations!

Jill said...

I just ordered HIPP x RGB's Nail Foundation in F1 to get a opaque nude nail in the shade closest to my skin tone. I hadn't even heard of this brand until I read about it in Lucky magazine but I'm excited to give it a try. I'll have to report back on how F1 looks.

Laura said...

Your engagement ring and wedding are gorgeous! Where are they from, if you don't mind sharing?

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Ladies thank you for your recommendations... Now I have a strong desire to try all of them! (Just what I need- more beauty distractions!) :)

Laura- Thank you re: my wedding/ engagement ring. I love them too- they are so dear to me. The wedding band is from our jeweler in Santa Monica, Readers Fine Jewelers. They are amazing. The engagement ring, however, was custom made. Mr. Connoisseur has very good taste ;)

pinkazalea said...

I like Samoan Sand, a creamy beige, by OPI. One coat on finger nails, with base and top.

Anonymous said...

Essie's Madameoiselle and Sheer Bliss make regular rotations on my nude manicures. Since I keep it simple and nude for my hands, I allow myself color for pedicures. Right now I have a dark purply gray, but it will change to Chanel's Peridot or really vibrant reds in the next month.

pve design said...

Gorgeous. I need a manicure and as much as I admire all the fun and fabulous colors, neutral always works best and seems easiest to maintain. I too love having my nails buffed and no polish.
pve

Anonymous said...

My favorite neutral polish is Tendresse by Chanel (a pink much like Essie Madamoiselle but stays on better than Essie), or Yummy Mummy by butter London.

Claire

Molly Ogilvie said...

Case study: http://www.essie.com/shop/case-study-p-393.html

And chinchilly: http://www.essie.com/shop/chinchilly-p-37.html

LMK said...

I love Sarah's suggestion regarding the Revlon Crazy Shine buffers, and am going to try this. If I do polish my nails prefer Sinful Colors basecoat, but her way sounds like even less time & money. Love the natural look, it goes with everything!

Mean Mama said...

Another Essie "Sugar Daddy" fan here! Don't care for the chalky white aspect of Ballet Slippers, and SD is "cooler" in tone than "Mademoiselle"

Ruth in LA said...

Love Essie's Spaghetti Strap, one coat gives that finished look to buffed and filed nails.

The Sous Chef said...

I haven't had a beauty appointment in quite a while...but inspired after discovering and reading your blog over the weekend, I treated myself to the most relaxing hour-and-a-half mani/pedi today. In homage to Jennifer I did Essie Madamoiselle on my fingernails and OPI Vodka and Caviar on my toenails, which now look like little rubies! Thanks for the reminder to invest in the little things that make a big difference in how I feel and project myself to the world :)

http://platelove.blogspot.com/

Mila said...

Essie mademoiselle, sugar daddy, allure and vanity fairest. Currently total in love with leighton denny's starkers.