3.05.2012

# beauty # Home and Garden

What's In My Shower



I tend to like these sort of posts where people share seemingly mundane aspects about their domestic life: what's in my handbag, what's in my fridge, etc. I like to see what people buy at the grocery store, for example. Call me strange but these intimate details intrigue me.

So this week I am showing you What's In My Shower. To see the tour watch the video above. If you unable to see the video, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

I am constantly rotating the beauty products in my shower, mainly because the skin and hair can get complacent if the same beauty products are always used. And also because I am somewhat of a beauty connoisseur too and adore finding new and exciting products.

This time around these are the products I have in my shower. They are a mix of both drug store and higher end products:

RenPure Organix Moisturizing Shampoo This was a drugstore purchase. It's a nice little line and moisturizes my hair well.

Aubrey Organic Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo Purchased at Whole Foods, it's the sort of shampoo you feel good about using. No parabens or nasty stuff.

Crabtree & Evelyn Rosewater Bath Gel (a gift from my dear friend Romi!)

Kérastase Bain Apres Soleil A definite splurge but takes care of sun damaged hair beautifully. This was purchased at the beauty supply store.

Klorane Mango Butter conditioner I love this conditioner and the brand Klorane. I purchased this from Soap.com where I get a lot of my household supplies (PS if you live in America and have not yet discovered the wonder that is Diapers.com, Soap.com, etc. check them out. Free 2 day shipping. It's amazing. I get everything delivered now and don't have to schlep to Target anymore).

Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Cleanser Yes, I still use Sibu and love it. I go between using this and the Paula's Choice cleanser at the moment. Visit Sibubeauty.com for more information.

Exfoliating gloves by Crabtree & Evelyn

French milled soap in the scent Miel (honey) purchased from the beauty supply store.

Book News
Thank you for continuing to make Lessons from Madame Chic a bestseller in both America and the UK! You have my sincere gratitude. Also thank you for all of your letters, emails, comments and tweets, I read every one and try to respond to them all...

Also, Lessons from Madame Chic was recently mentioned on two lovely blogs: Classic + Glam blog, in a post about The Classic Lady and on the lovely Rebekah's Cupcake Caramel.

So this week I would love to know... what's in your shower?


Subscribe to The Daily Connoisseur on Amazon Kindle

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

19 comments:

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love peeking inside your shower!
I find these insider stories show the readers what works and what products you are loyal to...

Lacey R said...

I use my Molton Brown shower gel, Rusk/Aveda/Matrix shampoos/conditioner, Laura Mercier cleansing oil wash, L'Occitane soap...I switch up my products too.

Mean Mama said...

In no particular order: Kiehl's Argan Cleansing Oil, Thymes Olive soap, Moroccan Oil hair masque (FANTASTIC STUFF BTW!), Head & Shoulders , and L'Occitane Almond Oil shower liquid. And a Venus "spa" razor . . .

Nanne said...

Thanks for the sneak peek! I love to have a look inside other peoples homes, too - particularly their wardrobes! What's in my shower currently is Redken Color Extend shampoo and conditioner, MOP Extreme Moisture hairmask, Palmolive shower gel, md formulations Face & Body Scrub (for my face) and a deliciously vanilla scented sugar body scrub from Norwegian brand Linda Johhansen.

Stephanie said...

Ahhh, just when i talked myself out of buying the Aubrey Organics HSR shampoo and conditioner, you show it.

Time to go back to online shopping

xo Stephanie

LMK said...

Experimented alot in the past, so have come to know what I like and works for me. Ivory soap for skin and hair, John Frieda Liquid Shine Illuminating conditioner, La Tourangelle grape seed oil, Swissco back brush and hand mitts for body, washcloth for face.

Mind you, these products are only for myself, with the exception of the Ivory. My family all have their favorites, which we organize in separate caddies. Otherwise our shower would be way too messy. I'm a total Monica when it comes to spaces.

And I'd say these type of topics aren't necessarily mundane, after all, choices are the spices of life. And it's fun to share! Thanks, Jennifer, and congrats on your book success. Very glad to be apart of it all and looking forward to your next!

Kathy@Pearls in Paradise said...

I also enjoy seeing what beauty products others use. I am an Aveda girl and rotate between the Smooth Infusion and Shampure lines. I use Basis cleanser for my face and I am currently using Dr. Bronner's lavender soap, but sometimes just use a plain old bar of Ivory! I just love the fresh clean smell!

Melissa U said...

Hi Jennifer! Enjoyed your blog post as usual! I'm in agreement with Kathy, I am an Aveda loyalist! I have red hair and I absolutely love the madder root shampoo and conditioner! I love to browse the bath isle at Whole Foods, they have beautiful milled soaps and quality products that can be trusted!

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I must try the Klorane conditioner! I just had a baby, so shower is a luxury for me. I love to make my shower extra special but I balance it with products that won't sensitize my baby's skin bc I love to snuggle w/ him.

So, in my shower now: California Baby unscented hair & body wash, Mustela Stelatopia cream, CeraVe lotion, and Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse for that lovely orange blossom scent. I rotate between Kerastase Masquintense and Phyto 9 for my hair. I use Paula's Choice Skin Balancing cleanser for the face. I used to love Jo Malone products but I found the scents too strong to use now w/ baby.

Claire

Virginia Country House said...

Wow, thanks for the tour! How fun to read the comments too. Right now I'm loving Bumble and Bumble Thickening shampoo and conditioner, mostly for the amazing fresh seaside smell.

Becky said...

Love these posts, I keep meaning to do something similar, I'm sure I'll get round to it soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
loved seeing what's in your shower! I've just installed a claw-foot bath with shower over the top (after major flood damage from the old shower!)
My bath caddy holds French olive oil soap with a lovely vanilla scent, an exfoliating mit, Jurlique lavender hydrating drops and sensitive cleanser (biodynamic Australian products that REALLY perform), Clarins body tonic oil, L'occitane Immortelle masque and some cheap no-nasties shampoo.

thanks for sharing :)

Madeleine from Australia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us peak inside your shower! I'm currently in love with an almond oil bath cleanser from L'Occitane and Musk-scented one from Kiehl's.

From reading the Cosmetics Cop, it seems we do not need to spend money on expensive salon hair care products - maybe a good deep-conditioning treatment. My L'Oreal sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner from the grocery store do an excellent job for not much money. I'm intrigued by the mago butter conditioner and will try to procure a tube. Mango is such an intoxicating scent!

Luli said...

That Klorane shampoo looks French. Is it French? If it is, I'm buying it!! I pick up French goodies from Monoprix every year when I travel to Paris.

kim at northerncalstyle. said...

Jennifer,

Haven't been over in a while and catching up on all your posts. So fun to see what you use. Love Klorane too.

Enjoying all your videos too!

Kim:)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi Everyone, thank you so much for your comments and for sharing what you have in your shower... there are so many more products that I want to try now! (Great.) I have to admit I have a mild obsession now with Klorane. Luli to answer your question, Klorane is a French brand that started in the South of France. I love the plant based beauty products and just bought their dry shampoo which is amazing too! (I'll write about it soon). Thank you all again and I hope you have a great weekend! Jennifer x

liveyourlovoutloud said...

What fun! Body shop scrub and wash in chocolateesque smell. St Ives parabenfree moisturizing wash, Some misturinzing shampoo from beauty supply that looks like Purology stuff. Homemade Azuki Bean face scrub ala Body Shop, AVEDA (YUM) heavy moisturizing conditioner...exfoliating gloves and Method shower spray.

Anonymous said...

Just finished reading your book & happy to find your blog. In my shower I have epicuren apricot fash wash, shu uemera shampoo & conditioner, french milled soap in lavender & a grapefruit scrub from Kheils.

Liesl said...

I absolutely LOVE posts like these! I guess I'm just relieved that I'm not the only nosy person, peeking around in my friends' bathrooms... LOL

I just posted"What's in my shower?, check it out! :-)

http://www.pretty-random-things.com/2012/04/whats-in-my-shower.html

Liesl xxx