4.09.2012

# Lessons from Madame Chic # Writing

Simon & Schuster to Publish Lessons from Madame Chic



I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! This week I am very happy to share with you my exciting news...

Because of the success of Lessons from Madame Chic, many exciting things have happened in the last few weeks. I have taken on a wonderful agent, Erica Silverman of Trident Media Group, and last week we accepted an offer from Simon & Schuster to publish Lessons from Madame Chic!

Having gone from self publishing to being aligned with a prestigious publishing house such as Simon & Schuster is a great honor for me and I am really thrilled about the prospect.

The deal was officially announced in Publisher's Weekly today. To see the press release, click here.

So what does this mean for the book? Here are the particulars:

- Lessons from Madame Chic will go off sale and not be available to purchase from now until it is re-released in the early fall. (We are hoping for October or November, 2012. As soon as I have a date I will let you know.)

- It will be newly edited and released in a beautiful gift worthy hardcover as well as be available in eBook format.

- And lastly it will be available not only online, but in bookstores and gift shops across the United States, Canada, the UK and hopefully many more countries. (Thank you for all of your patience for those of you who have written to me requesting it in bookstores... the day will be here soon!)

If you are unable to see the above embedded video where I make the announcement, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thank you again to all of you for your support as I could not have accomplished this without you!

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent! Now, in addition to your Republic of Tea review, we can look forward to a new edition of Lessons from Madame Chic. Congratulations!

JulietteBicyclette said...

Congratulations! I found "Lessons From Madame Chic" a couple of months back while looking for books. I absolutely love your book and the whole world it has opened for me about how to live a more fulfilled life. I have read it numerous times now and reference it to others in conversations. "Lessons From Madame Chic" lead me to your blog. You're tips and tricks have helped me start leading a more quality life. Congratulations again!

Rebecca D said...

This is such exciting news! I have Madame Chic on my kindle and love it. I'm looking forward to a hard copy edition too! Congratulations Jennifer!!

Patricia said...

Congratulations Jennifer!

M.Lane said...

I am SO happy for you! It is a wonderful book and one of the several I am taking with me to Paris next week.

You are an inspiration to all of us scribbling away out here....

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Deborah said...

I see a book tour in the future! I hope to have my original copy signed by you, Jennifer. Congratulations to you.

Deborah

Dee J said...

Wonderful! Congratulations! Looking forward to the new edition this fall!

Susan B said...

Congratulations, Jennifer! Exciting news indeed.

Priscilla said...

Congratulations Jennifer!

Just finished reading "Lessons" and loved it. I will look forward to purchasing a hardcopy for Christmas gifts!

Melissa U said...

Hi Jennifer!

What fantastic news! Congratulations on this success! Also looking forward to reading your upcoming review of the No. 1 Ladies' teas! I am so excited to try them. I did go to The Republic of Tea website to order a set, but they are currently sold out...

Trish said...

Congratulations!!! Well-deserved!

Camomile said...

I second the book tour, but only if Australia is part of the itinerary!
Wonderful news. Congratulations.

LunaStitches said...

This is so exciting - congratulations! I have your book on my Nook and am enjoying it so much. I look forward to getting a hard copy for myself. Here's wishing you sell oodles of copies!

Karen, in Palm Coast said...

Félicitations, Jennifer! I am so happy for you and applaud your success! I have so enjoyed your book and have shared it with many of my Francophile friends around the world. Bien fait!

Monique said...

Wonderful news, congratulations to you on such a great achievement! Your book and blog have greatly influenced my life this year, merci! I look forward to the beautiful new edition.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Congratulations!! It is such a great book. I enjoyed every word of it and now even more people will be able to enjoy it. So well written and I am so happy for you!

Christine said...

How thrilled I am for you and how thrilled I am for me!!! I'm "old school" and like the weight of a book in my hand. And, alas, I'm a loyalty kinda gal...Barnes & Noble book over Amazon any day! So thrilled I'll be able to purchase your book in hardback! Yay:)

Kathryn Bechen said...

Congrats Jennifer! I am so happy for you! Kathryn Bechen :)

Kristi said...

Congratulations! Yay!
I can't wait to see the new edition. I'm sure it will be lovely!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I am not at all surprised, but still VERY excited for you. After reading your book, I had a feeling this would happen ... and then, after the NYT feature, well, this was the logical step. Congrats -- and I cannot wait to see the new version! Your story is an inspiration to all self-publishers.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Thank you so much everyone! It has been a very exciting past few weeks... I'm really looking forward to releasing the book again- it is going to be beautiful. Thank you again for your support... Jennifer x

Sandra Sallin said...

Congratulations! As a commenter said you are an inspiration! Bravo.

I've always enjoyed reading your blog. Great job!

Gramspearls said...

Jennifer,
Congratulations on you re-release! The Little Engine That Could....I will cherish my 'first print' copy as a collectors item. I wish you could sign it!

Warmly, Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Dear Jennifer, that is the best news! Congratulations and I’m so happy for you. Shows what can be done when you believe in your own work and keep going. I’ve been away for a week on a writing retreat in the mountains and only now catching up on all my emails and so I still have to catch up on all your other news.
I also wanted to let you know that you can buy Poet’s Cottage from Amazon on kindle. I don’t know a lot about these things with e book readers but it is there if you ever want to read it. Here is a link
http://www.amazon.com/Poets-Cottage-ebook/dp/B0073LIKMY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335407814&sr=8-1
Not sure if you read kindles or paper versions. I love the book in its paper form as the paper smells so divine but if you don’t want to wait until you can get hold of a paper one it’s there.
Congratulations to you again. xx

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Josephine I am so excited to read your book. Just went to the link on Amazon and it is there but not available to purchase. Is it coming soon? Let me know! X

helen tilston said...

Hello Jennifer

I am thrilled and delighted for you at your wonderful news. Bravo, congratulations and might I say very well deserved. I will be keeping you in prayer and ask for success beyond your wildest dreams.

My best

Helen xx