8.28.2009

# Comme les Français # France

Living... Comme les Français


This is the introduction to my new series of blogs on how to live like the French, or Commes les Francais. It's a topic that I have been exploring for a long time and after doing years of research- living in Paris and reading about the French philosophy on living- I am ready to apply those observations and what I've learned to my own life!

When I studied abroad in Paris as a college student I had the good fortune to live with a real French family- true Parisians in the heart of the 16th arrondissement. My French family was very old school, very traditional. They lived in a lovely apartment- high ceilings, gilded portraits of aristocratic looking family members from the 1800's, beautiful antiques everywhere- the works! It struck me from the very moment I walked through their threshold that the French live very differently than we do in America and other parts of the world.

So to kick off the fall 2009 season of The Daily Connoisseur, I am going to explore what it means for me to live comme les Francais, and see if I can apply these principles to my own life, living in Santa Monica and London (articles forthcoming).

Won't you join me?

Image courtesy of www.essentialarchitecture.com

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

I recently found your blog and just love it. I am so looking forward to your posts on living "comme les Francais." J'adore all things French particularly the lifestyle. Thank you!

CashmereLibrarian said...

Can't wait!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Yay- Thank you Rebecca and welcome to my blog! xo

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

What a wonderful experience to have! I will really relish these posts! xx

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Thanks Cashmere and Josephine. Your support means the world! xo

cyndaminthia said...

Mmm...I miss les baguettes....

ScentScelf said...

Ah, very good. Let the (French) games begin!

M.Lane said...

Hi there! I love your blog and I agree with you that we have the same philosophy of life. This series on Comme les Francais is marvelous. I can't wait to return and read more of your posts.

ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Angie Muresan said...

It looks as though I have a bit of catching up to do! Lovely blog and I just stumbled upon it... Can't even remember how I got here, but I did bookmark it.
Angie

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Dear Angie- Welcome to my blog! I'm glad you found us...

M. Lane- thank you for your kind words... and welcome!