How to Preserve Your Clothes Between Washes
This week I share my favorite tips on how to prolong the wear of your clothes between washes. This is crucial when you have a ten-item wardrobe and are wearing the same clothes over and over. Washing your clothes less will prolong their wear over time. It also inspires gratitude for the clothes that we do have as we take care of them and treat them well.
1. Wear an apron. I know I mention this all the time, but I cannot stress this enough. In this week's video I share a recent experience when I forgot to wear my apron (woe is me!)
2. Wear slips and camisoles. When you put a layer between your skin and your clothes, your clothes will last longer between washes. You will need to wash your slip every time, but your clothes will be preserved.
3. Use garment guards or dress shields. I called them "armpit pads" in Japan but my lovely readers educated me on their true title :) These fashion first-aids are brilliant! Place them in the underarm area of your garment to prevent your clothes from being saturated with perspiration.
4. Hang up your clothes and let them air. When you are ready to change your clothes, don't throw them on the back of your chair or in a heap somewhere, hang them up and let them air out if possible to preserve their shape.
5. Use a steamer or iron. Don't forget to erase the wrinkles with a steamer or iron. This will refresh your clothes and make them look presentable between washes.
Check out this week's video for more elaboration on each tip as well as demonstrations. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or check out my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur
Madame Chic Inspiring Thought
Treat every garment you have like a valuable piece from a high-end boutique. Treat your clothes with respect and take pride in how you dress. This attention to detail will be cultivated beautifully as you cultivate your ten-item wardrobe.
I am on holiday in England right now visiting family so I am going light on the blogging! Hope you are enjoying your week and see you soon.
This week I would love to know... how do you preserve your clothes between washes?
Visit my Author Website
Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter