The Honest Scrap Award
I am very proud to announce that The Daily Connoisseur has been presented with the Honest Scrap Award by the beautiful and enigmatic Josephine of Tale Peddler. Thank you Josephine- I am truly honored! So as the recipient of this prestigious award I must now list 10 honest scrap things about myself and pass the award on to 10 blogs I love. So here we go…
Honest Scrap about The Daily Connoisseur:
1. I play the piano. I have a bad habit of practicing really difficult songs- learning them ¾ of the way through and giving up right before the end. To mend this I do not allow myself to learn a new song until I have completed the last one. Right now I am working on Piano Concerto No. 21 in C Major by Mozart.
2. My dog Gatsby (pictured above) is the absolute delight of my life.
3. I strive for Hercule Poirot-like order in my home. Whether or not I achieve it is another matter (I just noticed the errant milk carton cap on the floor in Gatsby's picture... what would Poirot say to that? I shudder.)
4. My husband’s business is in the fashion industry- I help him run it.
5. I travel to London twice a year.
6. I try to write for two hours a day (give or take an hour).
7. My favorite city in the world is Paris.
8. Je parle Francais but can't get my computer to speak it!
9. I love to cook but am petrified of throwing dinner parties for anyone other than family and really close friends.
10. I am on the second draft of my murder mystery and hope to be finished before the New Year.
And now I pass this award onto the following 10 bloggers who, in my opinion, blog par excellence.
1. The Epic. The Epic, by M. Lane is a blog about living well. M. Lane is a keen observer, a sharp writer and frankly the type of stylish person that the world could use a lot more of. I am new to this blog and love it!
2. French Essence. Vicki at French Essence already has a cult following. She is an Australian living in France and does everything with style and panache. Her blog is fabulous and she is the celebrated author of My French Life.
3. A Rose Beyond the Thames. Rose is a Londoner blogging about her fascinating life and the wonderful things she encounters in it. I’ve followed this blog for a long time and it never fails to please me.
4. Chez la Vie. Cashmere Librarian at Chez la Vie has got style and isn’t afraid to blog about it. (I’m noticing a trend here… I only read blogs by people with style).
5. Fragrance Bouquet. Divina’s blog about perfume is evocative and comprehensive. She has a energetic spirit that radiates through her words. I especially love her travel blogs focused on scent.
6. Notes From the Ledge. Scentscelf’s witty and humorous fragrance observations are life-affirming and never fail to bring a smile to my face.
7. La Belette Rouge. A fellow Angeleno, La Belette Rouge explores life in Los Angeles and has several interesting ongoing posts such as Thursdays with Igor and Writing in Valencia.
8. Maitresse. A blog about reading, writing and culture in Paris. I feel smarter after I read posts from this blog.
9. Polly-Vous Francais? This blog has a wealth of information and entertainment for the Francophile. It discusses in intricate detail the ongoing allure of the City of Light.
10. The Machinist’s Wife. Helen is a mother, a businesswoman and pie maker all rolled into one. Her fascinating blog follows her unique life. I especially love her posts on pies and poetry.
And of course Josephine's fabulous blog Tale Peddler is a must on my blog list. I always look forward to her observations, witticisms and updates about her life every Monday, Wednesday and Fabbo Friday. Thanks Josephine for allowing me to share these 'honest scrap' things about myself! xo