9.29.2009

# beauty # Little Luxuries

Little Luxuries- Claus Porto


Thank you for your avid interest in Comme les Francais- my series of posts where I take apart that magical time I lived in Paris and share my observations with you on the French philosophy of life. I will continue those posts (there is so much to discuss!) and am pleased to announce the addition of two new series to The Daily Connoisseur: Little Luxuries- where I highlight small luxuries that can make life that much more delectable; and Portrait of the Artist- where I interview local (widely) unknown artists and get to know them from a connoisseur’s perspective. My Portrait of the Artist articles are forthcoming but for now I would like to introduce to you my first post on Little Luxuries.

Claus Porto Soap


I’m not sure if you can tell by my picture (above) but these soaps are enormous! I think everything in one's bathroom should be sumptuous: soft, fluffy towels, high-quality tissue paper and luxurious soap. Claus Porto soaps are made in Portugal and are encased in the finest packaging. Their dozens of scents range from citron verbena, to mimosa to almond oil (my personal favorite). The bars (12.34 oz in size) are large and sumptuous and make you feel as though even the quickest bath or shower is an exercise in luxury. A little expensive (I pay $15 for one bar at my local beauty store) but because of their size- they will last you a lot longer than your average bar of soap. They also make fabulous hostess presents and are the perfect little luxury...

Claus Porto soaps can be purchased at: www.lafcony.com here

15 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh my goodness! These are great additions to your blog (already a favorite of mine:). I am a little embarrassed to say that I am like jumping up and down excited! I love things like this. Thank you!

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Yay! Thank you Rebecca- your enthusiasm keeps me going :)

Btw- how is the book coming?

Anonymous said...

I agree with your beliefs about the needed items in a bathroom! That is a room where comfort is key!

Rose said...

those are lovely. very like soaps they sell at Liberty, which I'm obsessed with you as you know. Almond soap is delicious, the only problem is the temptation to lick which could end badly!

Rebecca said...

The book is two-thirds finished. Right now most of the work is being formulated in my head, to be transcribed as soon as I can. I've been doing a lot of reading lately which is very inspiring.

Thank you for asking. :)

ScentScelf said...

Little luxuries can settle and make wonderful a life. My mom used to say that as long as she had lemons and limes in the refrigerator, and fresh fluffy towels in the closet, all would be right in her world.

Great idea for a feature. :)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Michael- comfort and spoiling oneself are key in a bathroom... I like to feel as though I'm staying at the Ritz when I'm in mine! xo

Rose- lol. I know the temptation. Every day I take a long amorous whiff of the heavenly almond smell- it is truly delicious.

Rebecca- that is wonderful! I can't wait to hear more about your book. Maybe when you've finished I can interview you for Portrait of the Artist?

Scentscelf- Your mother was a very wise woman. It is the little luxuries that get us through life isn't it? Thank you xo

La Belette Rouge said...

I have never tried this soap. I love gorgeous soaps. Thanks for sharing your favorite luxuries with us.xo

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

Jennifer, I love this series as well! I haven't used this soap before but I do love good soaps. I prefer them to all the packaging that comes with the shower gels and handwashes. Soap is far kinder to the planet which is why I use it. (I think I've ranted on this before at the Daily Conneisseur) Sometimes (not always) you do have to pay that little more to get the better quality. I use Loccitane soaps as well and they last and last and last so are good value for money. xx

JennyMac said...

I love fabulous soap! Great info and thanks for the link.

Lisa D. said...

these soaps look awesome! they remind me of soaps my mom used to keep in her bathroom in one of our houses. that was my favorite bathroom ever! it was the size of a small room, and just like you described - fluffy towels, luxurious soaps, candles, huge jetted tub... i loved that bathroom.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Jenny Mac and Coastal Chicster and Belette- Thank you for your comments... I hope you get to try this lovely soap.

Josephine- It is kinder to the planet... there is something wonderful and traditional about a high quality bar of soap. xo

LA Frog said...

My favorite soaps of all times are from a gentleman called Hammam on Venice Beach in CA: http://bit.ly/6dLyQ.

Sharon McPherson said...

Your blog is becoming more exciting by the minute ... Love the idea of a series, Portrait of the Artist. :)

By the way I wanted to tell you, I was in a little second hand book store yesterday and come across The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith and snapped it up for £2.00. I remember your mentioning it in a post comment a few weeks ago. Thanks again for the recommendation. I have it now but it has to take place in a queue, but I will let you know what I think x

Anonymous said...

I love a good soap.