7.23.2012

# 10 Item Wardrobe # beauty

Author Website, Tinted Moisturizer and 10 Item Wardrobes



Author Website

Before this post begins I would like to share with you my newly designed author website: www.jenniferlscott.com
On the new site you will be able to easily access news and events related to the book and blog, check out my latest videos and leave guestbook comments. You can also sign up for a seasonal newsletter I will send out to readers. I do hope you enjoy the new design which was created by AuthorBytes.

Tinted Moisturizer
During the summer months I generally like to use a lightweight tinted moisturizer for sheer coverage. It seems to be the easiest solution for my warm weather le no makeup look. In the past I've enjoyed using the Hourglass brand (which I still love) but I've recently decided to look for another tinted moisturizer to add to my arsenal.

This all led me to Sephora to do some research. So far I am just loving the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (I wear the shade bisque) that so many of you recommended, but I also tried Smashbox BB Cream as well as Amore Pacific.

If you are unable to see the video above where I share my beauty tip for buying tinted moisturizer, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or check out my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

10 Item Wardrobe Collages

In anticipation of Lessons from Madame Chic's release this November, a group of ladies have started their own discussion about the 10 Item Wardrobe on Polyvore, led by BusyVP. I just love that people are getting excited about this concept. Check out BusyVP's 10 Item Wardrobe for fall and the creative collages on 10 Item Wardrobes and join in on the discussion...


This week I would love to know... what is your favorite tinted moisturizer?

Visit my Author Website

Like my Facebook Page

Follow me on Twitter

11 comments:

Clare and Maggie said...

I have only just discovered your blog Jennifer and I love it! Your videos are so informative :) I will also be in the market for a tinted moisturizer in the summer so this post has been very helpful. I found over summer (it's winter where I'm from) that I mostly used a SPF30 untinted moisturizer during the day as the sun's rays are so harsh here and I am often outside with the kids during the day. What are your thoughts about reapplying tinted moisturizer during the day?

Cheri said...

Hi Jennifer,
I've been using a tinted moisturizer by Dermalogica (sheer tint moisture SPF 15 in medium - can be purchased on Amazon) for a few years now and I love it! It's very light and blends well and lasts all day. My skin is very sensitive and this one works well for me.
P.S. I love your blog!

Cheri

Jill said...

I am a big fan of Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer too. I use the shade "porcelain." It's a great product. XO, Jill

PANNA said...

I love the news NARS tinted moisturizer which has a pretty decent sunscreen. I don't rely on it solely for sun protection, though -- I layer It on top of my Shiseido sunblock.

Luli said...

I don't use any, but maybe I should start. Thanks for the tips.

Anonymous said...

Great post! I love Jane Iredale's and Beauty Control's tinted moisturizer...probably favoring Beauty Control.

Kathryn Bechen said...

Love the 10 item wardrobe concept, Jennifer! Fun visual boards. Congrats on your new website; it's very nice! Blessings. Kathryn Bechen, Small Space Organizing.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Thank you everyone for sharing your take on tinted moisturizers!

Doing It Simply - to answer your question, I don't re-apply tinted moisturizer throughout the day as it interferes with my other makeup, but I did see something very interesting at Sephora the other day. Laura Mercier has a new product- tinted moisturizer in a compact along with applicator so you can touch up your makeup throughout the day. It even has spf. So that is definitely worth looking into!

I hope you will all watch out for my summer makeup video coming soon x

Genuine Lustre said...

I like the Sonia Kashiuk tinted moisturizer, from Target. Also recently purchased a tube from SmartBomb, which is a little thicker.

marylu2 said...

Laura Mercier is the best tinted moisturizer!

marylu2 said...

I have tried them all and I always return to my favorite...Laura Mercier. All of her products are superior.
A 10 item wardrobe has become a personal quest!
Thank-you for your lovely blog.