4.25.2016

# braided hairstyles # hair tutorial

Twist Braid Chignon Inspired by The Duchess of Cambridge



My favorite look from The Duchess of Cambridge's recent tour to India was this beautiful mint lace dress from Temperley. What an exquisite dress. I can just imagine attending a garden tea party in something so lovely.

I also loved the braided chignon in her hair, and in this week's video, I recreate the chignon for you. This look is easy to achieve for anyone with medium to long hair.

This chignon is perfect for a hot summer's day when you want your hair off of your neck, yet still want to look presentable. Be sure to watch my video to see all of the steps. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel: www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

To see the complete collection of looks from the Duke and Duchess's India tour, visit WhatKateWore.com

News
Thank you to Jenny Williams of JenEricGeneration blog for sending me these gifts from her beautiful new art collection, Carrot Top Paper Shop. Jenny draws portraits of literary heroines. Her whimsical sketches and quotes make inspiring decorations for little girl's rooms. Jenny knew how much I love Anne of Green Gables and sent me Anne's portrait along with Elizabeth Bennet and Jane Eyre. I have commissioned Jenny to do portraits of my own daughters for their rooms. She is so talented!



Check out her fun shop on Etsy, Carrot Top Paper Shop. She is offering a discount to the readers of The Daily Connoisseur: 25% off orders of $25 or more with code JENNIFERSENTME. Thank you, Jenny!


Letter of the Week

Tera L. writes:

Hi Jennifer,

I am writing this message to say a big thank you for adding to my life for the better.

I have only been following you for a few short weeks and have already noticed positive outcomes.

I am writing this after just having ended a phone call where I found out that I got a new job that I had recently interviewed for.

I just had to write to you because my new employer told me that one of the reasons he hired me is because he noticed my poise during the interview! He actually used that exact word!

I thought you might be pleased:)

Keep up the good work. And thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Hi Tera, I was thrilled to no end after reading that your interviewer was impressed with your poise. I firmly believe that poise is a marvelous secret tool that we can use to enhance our lives. I am so happy for you. Congratulations on your new job!


Let me know if you try out this chignon for yourself. Send me a picture over social media using the hashtag #MADAMECHIC

See you soon!


Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer
Your hair is beautiful. I look forward to trying it myself. I want to say thank you for all your hard work. I read and own all your books and love your blog. I also enjoy checking out your past you tube videos. I have struggled with an eating disorder for a very long time and for some reason when I started reading your books it clicked for me. I've been through counseling and all, but it was something from within that changed with help from your inspirational books and sites. I realized what I want for myself and what good qualities I already have. I have been working on myself little by little. I really like how you talk about affirmations and staying positive. I feel like I could go on and on. I just want you to know how you have helped me and I'm sure you help many others. Thank you.

Hossú said...

Hi Jennifer,

I am looking forward to trying it myself. Thank you for all the books. I really enjoy reading them again and again. I always find something new I did not notice before. I just wanted to share a video about poise and glamour, it always remainds me of you :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-QIgviAeEs

I thought you might be pleased :)
Thank you, Kristina

Ania said...

Hi Jennifer,

I just wanted to let you know how your books and blog inspired me to change my life. I have been following you for around two years and I have always thought "She is totally right, looking presentable always is a good thing to do" but I never followed this principle. I was like: "yeah, that's a great idea but not for me, too much fuss". But then something just snapped in me, without any particular trigger and I thought that maybe I should try to follow your lifestyle advice. One day, instead of staying all day in my work out clothes, I made a make up and dressed nicely (it wasn't difficult for me as I had narrowed down my wardrobe to capsule version earlier thanks to your books). And you know what - it was liberating. Since then I've been doing this every day and not only this. I also keep my home clean on every day basis, eat proper meals with my family etc. It's such a life-changer! I bet there are more readers like I used to be - thinking your ideas are perfect but not following them. I really advice everyone to give it a try like for a week or so.