1.16.2020

# clean with me # dignified parenting

How to Remain Dignified in the MESS



If you have little children in your family, a messy house is inevitable. Yes, you can teach them over time how to be tidy and pick up after themselves. My book, Connoisseur Kids, has excellent tips on how children can not only become tidy, but love being tidy as well. However, when you have very little ones, such as babies or toddlers, a mess is often inevitable.



Our lives should not crumble just because our surroundings are sometimes messy, however. Life does go on... we just need coping strategies and a good perspective, which I share with you today.

Today's video shares 5 tips to remaining dignified in the MESS. I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject. What is your experience dealing with the perpetual mess of having a family? Let us know and your comment could be chosen as comment of the week on the blog.

What I'm wearing in today's video:
Loft blouse
Pink gem earrings from Rachelyn Jewelry

The beautiful purple robe featured is by Fleur't (here is the gown that goes with it) code JENNIFER20 gives 20% off

News

📍The Madame Chic books are featured on Mix and Match Mama's bedside table.

📍 We are taking a break from The Chic Assignment in January and will resume in February.

📍Become a member of The Daily Connoisseur through the MEMBERSHIPS feature. I do one livestream as well 3 episodes of my new Vodcast (a video podcast) per month. (Link must be accessed on a computer.)

📍Thank you for your wonderful support of my new book, CONNOISSEUR KIDS.

📍Check out my affordable eCourses: The Ten-Item Wardrobe, Chic Financial Principles for Debt-Free Living, and How to be Efficient at Home.

On Instagram
Lessons from Madame Chic on social media...
View this post on Instagram

יש עכשיו טרנד של ספרים שעוסקים במציאת הקול האופנתי האישי, לדעת מה הסטייל שהולם אותך וגם קצת על צרכנות נבונה... כמה שנים לפני כל אלו יצא הספר הזה שהכרתי בזכות @hadas.migemi בספר מתארת ג׳ניפר את השנה שבילתה בפריז במסגרת חילופי סטודנטים ואת החוויה שלה כזרה בפריז... עיקרי התובנות שלה היו: 1. יש דברים שהם לא שיק- אחד מהם הוא לנשנש בציבור... 2. לא חייבים הרבה בגדים כדי להיראות טוב. 3. תמיד להתלבש בבגדים הטובים שלכם ולא לשמור אותם לאירוע מיוחד. 4. לדחות מעלינו את החומרנות החדשה, לא חייבים לקנות הכל ואת הטרנדים הכי חדשים. 5. תמיד להיראות ייצוגיים. 6. שגרת טיפוח העור היא מאסט, וחובה להשתמש בתכשירים איכותיים. 7. בושם הוא חלק מהלוק. 8. טפחו גם את החלקים האחרים בחייכם, לימדו על אומנות, תרבות ודעו לשוחח על זה עם אנשים. 9. לימדו להנות מהדברים הקטנים בחיים. 10. איכות זו לא מילה גסה... 11. חיו את חייכם בתשוקה גדולה ובהמון התלהבות. . . . . . . #קריאה #ספרים #ספריםספריםספרים #bookstagram #book #books #picoftheday #reading #bookshelf #madamechic #lessonsfrommadamechic #jenniferlscott #jenniferscott #ayala_love_books #simonandschuster #relextime #weekendvibes#thedailyconnoisseur @dailyconnoisseur @simonandschuster

A post shared by ✨ AYALA ALON ✨ (@ayalalon22) on



Comment of the Week

Stephanie D. writes, "I need to remember, "you can be right, or you can be happy!""

Stephanie, that bit of advice from Monday's video resonated with a lot of people. We know we're right... but it's not worth the fight :) Ha! another one!

Thank you for watching. I would love to know your thoughts on today's topic.




Visit my newly designed Author Website

*NEW* Join The Chic Society on YouTube and become a member of The Daily Connoisseur.

Shop my Amazon page for a comprehensive list of my favorite things and mentions on the blog.

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Take my affordable eCourses on the ten-item wardrobe, debt-free living, and efficiency at home


FTC: This post is not sponsored. All Amazon links are affiliate. Other links may be affiliate as well.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

I don't have little ones in my house to make the mess, I have my husband! ;-)

I am glad that you were telling parents to remember this is a phase. I wish I had known that when I was a young mother. That is one of the things I tell young moms I know because they are in the trenches and it can be hard to recognize that fact.

I LOVE your dramatic picture!

Erica said...

I like the saying, "Excuse the mess...we are making memories!" :)

Rebecca said...

Hello! Thank you for this video! My daughter, who is now 15, doesn't throw food on the floor anymore, thankfully! :-) I have appreciated the different stages of childhood! When she was little, she would help tidy up spaces and put things away. Now, she has such messy areas. I'm wondering if this is part of her ADD. I tell/ask her to tidy up her area by putting away a certain amount of items, as not to overwhelm her. I get so anxious with messy spaces, so I understand your explanation about going into rooms that are tidy. Thank you for making such videos. You may need to write another Connoisseur book for teenagers when you reach that point in life. Keep up the great work, Jennifer!