2.20.2020

# Albinoni # Daily Connoisseur

The Chic Assignment Check-In | Degas, Adagio, Intentional Rest & Romance



Edgar Degas said, "the artist must live alone, and his private life must remain unknown". While most of us artists do live with family, I'm sure many can relate to this sentiment... I know I can. To create art, one must be alone so as not to be influenced or disrupted by others. Join me for a cup of tea for The Chic Assignment check-in. To see the original assignment, click here.



In today's check-in we are discussing the curious case of Adagio in G Minor. Did Tomaso Albinoni actually compose this piece? Or was it composed by Albinoni's biographer, Remo Giazotto? And if so, why wouldn't Giazotto take credit for it? It is one of the most beautiful pieces ever composed, after all... My humble opinion.

Didn't you love the performance by Hauser? A remarkable masterpiece.



We are also going to learn more about Degas' artistic life and examine some of his beautiful pieces.


Edgar Degas self-portrait, 1855

I would love to know which Degas painting is your favorite... I read to you from this biography today. If you would like a Degas on your walls, you don't need millions of dollars, you can purchase a poster or canvas for your own home.

As far as intentional downtime goes... I am doing better. I have been struggling with the mindless impulses to reach for my phone or to surf the web. I have found that keeping a real book by my side helps here. I am more likely to grab the book if I have a few moments to myself. I have been reading The Jane Austen Diet and A Most Novel Revenge by Ashley Weaver.

As for the romantic self-care item for this month, I have been enjoying a nice, hot bubble bath with my latest copy of Victoria Magazine and a cup of tea (I have been enjoying Earl Grey lately). It was the de-stressing moment I looked forward to at the end of every day...

I would love to know how your Chic Assignment is going this month.

**Correction** In the video I meant to say the "American" artist, Mary Cassatt (not French).

Thank you to the Elegant Connoisseurs for bringing us today's video.
All the King’s Morsels
American Blossom Linens
Awesome Possum Powers
Azalia Spa Goods
Inspired by Nikki
Julie Kolman – My Confident Closet
Katy Rose Artist
Not-So Desperate Housewives
Secret Owl Society – Michelle Rohr
Something to Cherish- Cherish Flieder
Barbara Cristina de Abreu Pereira
Christine Bolla
Caroline Haydu
Denise Gende
Jet Rowley-Herron
Jenny Candelaria
Katherine Rae
Linda Eklof
Maria Conder

News
📍Join us for The Chic Assignment for February.

📍Become a member of The Daily Connoisseur through the MEMBERSHIPS feature. I do one livestream as well 3 episodes of my new Vodcast (a video podcast) per month. (Link must be accessed on a computer.) The next live stream is tomorrow.

📍Thank you for your wonderful support of my new book, CONNOISSEUR KIDS.

📍I am working on an exciting new eCourse for you and it is almost ready. In the meantime, check out my affordable eCourses: The Ten-Item Wardrobe, Chic Financial Principles for Debt-Free Living, and How to be Efficient at Home.


On Instagram



Comment of the Week
Melinda L. writes, "Thank you for not waiting until everything is "perfect" to shoot your videos. .I tend to unfollow YouTubers whose videos seem "over-controlled." They are so bland to me and I get bored. I much prefer a little "Julia Child" so to speak in the videos I watch, lol."

Well Melinda, there is no threat of anything being perfect on this blog or channel. There's always something going on over here :) Thank you for watching.

I would love to hear from you... how is your Chic Assignment going this month? What revelations have you had? Let us know and your comment could be chosen as comment of the week on the blog. See you soon!




Visit my newly designed Author Website

*NEW* Join The Chic Society on YouTube and become a member of The Daily Connoisseur.

Shop my Amazon page for a comprehensive list of my favorite things and mentions on the blog.

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Take my affordable eCourses on the ten-item wardrobe, debt-free living, and efficiency at home


FTC: This post is not sponsored. Links may be affiliate. All Amazon links are affiliate.

6 comments:

Darla said...

love the chic assignments! Thanks for challenging us this way

I believe I heard you say in the video Mary Cassatt was a French painter, while she did live many years in Paris, she is American born in Pennsylvania. She is one of my favorites so glad to know she will be a future chic assignment!

Darla said...

Also I think you forgot to link the websites for the ladies mentioned in the video...

Darla said...

oh nevermind they are posted on the you tube page not your blog page

Unknown said...

I am so enjoying these chic assignments! They really do add joy to my day.

Also, I am excited to see that you are working on a new e-course! Can't wait to see what it's about! :)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Hi ladies, Thank you for joining us for The Chic Assignment!
Darla, quite right... I don't know why I said she was French in the video. Sometimes I make mistakes like that. Thank you for reminding me to link the Elegant Connoisseurs. I have done so now.

Unknown- thank you! I'm excited about the course too!

With love,

Jennifer

Rebecca said...

Hello, Jennifer!
I have enjoyed this month's assignment. I've had a hard time being romantic, though. I will need to keep trying.
I also have a hard time just sitting and reading. I've done a little better this month. I'm reading one of your books again, along with another book about creating a cozy home.
I have the performance bookmarked so I can go back to it whenever I need a pick me up.

Looking forward to next month, while still enjoying this month's assignment.

Thank you for making my life more chic.