12.04.2009

# beauty # Reviews

Recent Beauty Loves



I love Sephora and sometimes am alarmed by the warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I walk through those black and white striped columns. Is that normal? What is it about beauty products that so easily elevates my mood? A glamorous lipstick, a compact little pot of rouge and my heart starts to flutter... But anyway, that is neither here nor there. I purchased four little gems and want to share them with you…

1. YSL Rouge Pure Shine lipstick in Natural Pink 24. Mon Dieu. This is the Holy Grail of nude lip color for my skin tone. I have been searching for it forever- years maybe! I took a gamble by purchasing it without trying it on (as I refuse to try any sample in Sephora for fear of catching a disease) but this color is silky, neutral and brilliant. If you have a medium/ tan skin tone this might look divine on you!

2. Lorac Blush in Soul. I really love Lorac’s blushes. I have used the shade Plum for years now (and was contemplating just sticking with it- I love it so much) but decided to branch out and chose Soul- which is a dusty rose with a very subtle shimmer. I really love this color- it’s great for winter and adds just the right hint of drama to the cheeks.

3. DiorShow Mascara Backstage Makeup in Black. This was recommended by The Coastal Chicster who has impeccable taste, so I thought I’d give it a try. I really love the drama it creates with my lashes- it's a sophisticated mascara and I'm really enjoying it.

4. And lastly, we all knew it was coming, YSL Parisienne. You read my raving review for this glamorous perfume here. I love this scent- it is my new favorite and smelling it on my wrist brings me joy throughout the day.

I would love to know what your beauty loves are this month…


All of the above products can be purchased at www.sephora.com

18 comments:

Fiona said...

I absolutely love DiorShow mascara. You can really create quite dramatic lashes. Blondes need all the help they can get!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I don't have any new items to report for myself. If I discover any, I will let you know!

CashmereLibrarian said...

ow this will sound really sad but I've lately been obsessed with the smoky eye a la the Kardashians, so since Thanksgiving I've raided Sephora both in store and online. What I bought: Stila Kajal eye liner in onyx and Bare Escentuals Buxom Insider Eyeliner in Amethyst. I sampled Leslie Blodgett Bare Skin Perfume Diaries there and I LOVED IT. It's on my Xmas list. I also ordered from MAC recently; bought brush #214 (for that sought-after smoky eye again) and the new "Smoke and Mirrors" eye shadows. Oh, and lipstick "Total Wow." Yikes.

Rebecca said...

I love Sephora, I get giddy every time I go or even shop online, too much to choose from. I need to make another trip soon.:)
Right now I'm loving Bare Escentuals Cupid's Bow for lips. It's the perfect neutral accent and highlighter.

Anonymous said...

Been looking for a new scent. Can't wait to try YSL.

Betsy

Josephine Tale Peddler said...

I always enjoy your cosmetic reviews. I am afraid I am boring and stick to te same old products that I know I love. I think I need to branch out as well. Pleased to hear you treated yourself to the YSL Parisienne. xx

Paris Pastry said...

The DiorShow mascara is my go-to mascara! Absolutely love it!

Nadia said...

I love Dior mascaras too! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has to stop at Sephora whenever I see the store =) They carry Nars products, including Sephora exclusives, which are always great. Some of my Nars favorites are the lipglosses Turkish Delight (also worn by Kim Kardashian) and Chihuahua.

Jen said...

Good morning! I can't wait to try the YSL Natural Pink lipstick. I have also been searching for my best "nude" forever, most just make my tan skin look kind of washed out. As far as perfume, my husband surprised me with a bottle of "D&G The Rose, The One" last month for our anniversary. It's a much more glamourous, intense scent than the natural, light scents I usually favor. But I'm just going with it, it kind of makes me feel like a new woman :)

LPC said...

Ha! Great minds think alike:). I just discovered YSL makeup, having been a Nars/Chanel/occasional Stila person for years. I bought one of the YSL Golden Glosses in Golden Praline. Love it. I feel a blog post on the subject in my future...

Lisa D. said...

awww, thanks for the kind compliment. i am glad to hear that all is well w/you and your family again. :) i'm glad you're enjoying the mascara. has anyone asked you if you're wearing fake eyelashes yet? haha. i secretly love when that happens. :)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Fiona- It's great isn't it? Good to know its universal too...

Michael- You'll find some soon! I just smelled Prada Infusion d'homme (I think that's what it's called) and it smells divine... you should sample it!

Cashmere- Whenever I watch the Kardashian's I am always amazed by their makeup- I know they have a professional do it for them but it always looks so good! Too much for a daily basis but for a night out- meow!

Rebecca- I've never heard of this product- how is this possible? I love Bare Escentuals too...

Betsey- I hope you like YSL Parisienne- I love it. Although I tried Prada l'eau ambree today and have now fallen in love with that... I am so fickle.

Josephine- I go through phases. When I find a beauty product I love I stick with it and am afraid to change (hence Lorac's blush in plum that I've used for the past three years) but it's always gratifying to branch out and find a new favorite...

Paris Pastry- it is lovely isn't it? I'm so glad I tried it!

Nadia- I love NARS lipgloss- I've heard of both Turkish Delight and Chihuahua and have heard of only good things about them. I should definitely try Chihuahua seeing as how I have one! xo

Post Modern Jen- The YSL lipstick would look so good on you! I think we have the same skin tone... I love Dolce Gabanna Rose The One- it is such a lovely scent. It can make you feel like a new woman- your husband has good taste! xo

LPC- I'm looking forward to reading your review! xo

Coastal Chicster- You're welcome my dear. I haven't had the 'are you wearing false eyelashes' comment yet- but I'm waiting for it! :)

BigLittleWolf said...

Sephora is my friend. Dior is my friend. What more can I say? A girl needs her friends.

Stephanie said...

DiorShow is a wonderful mascara. I have a tube of it myself. Let's see, this month I'm obsessed with l'occitane's pure shea butter as well as their shea butter shampoo and conditioner. Cold weather makes my skin and hair very dry and this is helping.

Brittany said...

Completely understandable I get that fuzzy feeling when I walk into any store I can purchase pretty little items...:)

RomiAndJaredAreMarried said...

I love the Dior mascara! I can only wear it on my top lashes, though, because otherwise I get racoon eye.

Tine said...

I love Benefit's eyeshadow in Birthday Suit. Too bad last time I went to get a new pot of it Sephora was out!! Has anyone else noticed their Sephora stores with low inventory? It took me weeks to replace my Benefit eyebrow pencil! (I have fear of online shopping!)

Rebecca said...

Ack! I meant benefit's Cupid's Bow not Bare Escentuals. I love both though!