5.16.2016

# Home and Garden # master bedroom

Master Bedroom Wallpaper Before & After



What a fun video I have for you today... a before and after of our master bedroom wallpaper renovation. I have always longed for wallpaper in our master bedroom, but we never wallpapered our old house for various reasons. Now that we are in a new space, I felt it time (and thankfully my husband agreed!) that we add a touch of interest to the interior design of our bedroom with wallpaper.

Our entire home is painted in the color "Silver Tradition" by Behr. This is how the house came. It's a lovely grey color, but it was a bit gloomy for the master bedroom. When we first moved into the house, we installed cream curtains with the plan to put up wallpaper in the future. Cream is the color of our bedroom furniture so we felt with the neutrality of the furniture and the curtains, we could choose a colored wallpaper that would go nicely in the room.

Here are some "before" pictures of our bedroom:



It was peaceful and serene, but a bit bland and gloomy as well.

Here are some "after" pictures:



The wallpaper is by Thibaut, from their Richmond collection. The shade is Cotswold Aqua.

Thank you to Wallpaper City and Flooring in Santa Monica and Sylvan & Phillips for doing our curtains. We like to support local, small businesses and both of these companies did a stellar job.

Be sure to check out my video to see the complete tour. If you are unable to see the video above, click here, look in the sidebar of this blog, or visit my channel www.youtube.com/TheDailyConnoisseur

News

This weekend my husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. It was such a lovely day in Malibu!




Madame Chic in the News

Thank you to Life with Dee for recommending the Madame Chic books as resources to create a beautiful life.

Photographer Erin Ammons lists Lessons from Madame Chic as one of her current favorite reads. Thank you, Erin!

Letter of the Week
Janet T. writes:
Dear Jennifer,
I must first start off telling you that I am 60 years old, and I have read all of your books! I follow The Daily Connoisseur and I have to tell you, I have learned so much! I find your simple, subtle message appealing. I have made positive changes in my life because of your advice, and I say, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! I think your words encompass multi-generations. It's a way of life we have abandoned since the '60's that I am glad to see coming back.
I was guilty of living in jeans and flannel shirts, with the excuse that we live on a farm. I have since embraced the capsule wardrobe, and I feel so much better about myself, because I look my best, 99 percent of the time.( I do not understand how Madame Chic could stay clean and garden.)
All this to say, thank you, thank you, my dear. You are a blessing! I bet you never imagined that 6 months in France would have such a far-reaching effect!
With Fond Regards,
Janet T


Dear Janet, I loved your letter! Madame Chic has such a universal appeal and can help people of all ages. I am so pleased that the principles found in my books are enriching your life on the farm! Thank you for writing to me and sharing your testimony.

Comment of the Week
On Pregnancy Chat Part 2, Katherine R. writes:

Thank you for being such an inspiring individual. The honest and open dialogue in a poised and elegant manner is incredibly soothing. My husband and I would love a large family one day too. Your discussions remind me to be present with what is so right now. Not getting caught up in the plans of a future life, without taking those necessary actions now that will support a relaxed, chic environment and mindset. Over the past few weeks I've been working from home and my 'to do' list has been getting left to the side with a general disregard for keeping up the structure to support the easy flow of the day, meditating has also not been happening. I'll justify this with the thoughts of when X,Y or Z happens then i'll be up at 6 every day and cleaning, sorting and fully organized. I'm reminded by your video of the notion of Be, Do, Have and not living the other way around! Taking actions to make a mindful approach become second nature now, being powerful, deliberate and active. Thanks for the reminder! Katherine :)


Dear Katherine, Thank you for your lovely comment. It is so important to be present with what is "right now" as you put it. We tend to say "one day" I'll live a certain way, when the reality is we can make those changes right now. Thank you for your lovely reminder.

I love to hear from you! You can always leave me a comment on the blog or send me a letter via email on my author website. Your comment could be chosen as comment of the week!


This week I would love to hear from you. Do you have wallpaper in your home? Have you always longed for wallpaper but have been too intimidated by the process? Send me photos of your wallpapered homes on social media using the hashtag #MADAMECHIC

See you soon!

Visit my Author Website

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

19 comments:

Maureen @Raising The Capable Student said...

Wow!!! The wallpaper did enhance an already beautiful space. Thank you for sharing this - I feel inspired!

Starr said...

A beautiful oasis.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Stunning!! Please tell where your furniture and bedding is from? This is truly my dream room. Beautifully done and thank you for the inspiration!

martinealison said...

Bonsoir,

Merci pour le partage de cette publication accompagnée de superbes photos.
Je suis désolée en ce moment je n'ai pas beaucoup de temps et je délaisse un peu mon ordinateur... J'espère revenir plus régulièrement très bientôt.

Gros bisous ❀♡❀

wildnettle said...

Nice bedroom :)

Sprm said...

That's a great transformation and looks more serene with the color choice.

Judy said...

Lovely. So beautiful and peaceful. You have inspired me! Congratulations on your 10th anniversary!

Stephanie Clayton said...

What a beautiful transformation! It does remind one of a chic Parisian space. My walls are textured, and we are currently redecorating with Farrow and Ball paint; no wallpaper because it would mean even more work to get rid of the texture. I would, however, like to re-do our small half-bath in wallpaper...perhaps I will. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my word, Jennifer! It's beautiful. The aqua color is the same color I have in my downstairs rooms. I would love to do even just one wall in this wallpaper. This is my favorite color. It is just so soothing and calming. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Louise said...

Your husband's choice is beautiful and elegant! We have wallpaper in our bedroom...it actually came with the house and we just left it up. We did take out most of the other border-themed wallpaper throughout the house but the bedroom paper is more subtle. What is the background music playing on your video...I love it!

Unknown said...

Hello Jennifer,
Thank you for all of your wonderful books. I just wanted to tell you how much At Home With Madam Chic has helped me improve my days. The breakdown of Morning, Afternoon, and Evening has encouraged me to look at my day as different occasions to enjoy simple pleasures that enhance and add to the day. I usually have the highest stress midday and used to dread the afternoon but now I look forward to a cup of tea and some sort of de stressing activities. You are such an inspiration, I can't tell you how glad I am to have read your books they are changing my life. I love the wallpaper, your room reminds me of the Granthams' room in Downton Abbey. Thank you again!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful place. Great pictures

Thanks for sharing

Regards

The Goldgena Watch Project

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi! Congratulations on both a beautiful bedroom and 10th anniversary! We had a similar color, not wallpaper but paint in a previous bedroom that I loved. Now we have standard white but the bedroom is only lit by sunlight late afternoon in summer (other seasons the sun never reaches the bedroom) so it would be rather dark during all other times with anything darker than white. But we live way up north. You have plenty of sun and windows letting light in your bedroom to make it absolutely work with that beautiful wallpaper. Well done! And thank you for sharing. Bisous!

Packers And Movers Hyderabad said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog, you have lots of great content.Please visit here: Packers Movers Hyderabad Packers And Movers Hyderabad
Packers And Movers Srikakulam
Packers And Movers Visakhapatnam
Packers And Movers Vizianagaram

Evaline said...

Congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary, Jennifer!
And thank you for showing us your bedroom transformation. It is really gorgeous. It's so nice when your choices turn out even better than you hoped.

We painted our master bedroom a soft aqua last summer, and every time we walk in, we are still so pleased at the difference a new colour makes and how it feels so soothing but cheerful at the same time. Our colour is Smoky Green by Benjamin Moore...it looks greener on the chip or a tester, but it is a soft robin's egg blue.
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-ca/paint-color/smokygreen

Unknown said...

What a beautifully serene place. And many many congratulations to you and your husband on celebrating your 10th Wedding anniversary. I celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary with my husband on Saturday 14th May. Here's to many many more. xoxo

La gallina vecchia said...

A beautiful And relaxing area! Beautiful windows full of Light!But I don't See curtains To darken during The night! How do You obuscurate The room?

Evaline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.