6.24.2019

# breakfast # breakfasts of the week

Breakfasts of the Week | Jennifer L. Scott



I'm so used to saying, "Welcome to one week of outfits from my ten-item wardrobe", that I almost said, "Welcome to one week of breakfasts from my ten-item wardrobe." Ha!



Rest assured, this is actually a food post, not a fashion post, and I hope it gives you inspiration for your breakfasts. Many people have asked me where my beautiful China comes from. Much of it is from my mother-in-law and some are from my great grandmother. (The waffle plate is from her.)



The first breakfast is this fruit and yogurt parfait with coconut granola. I normally like to make my own yogurt, although I haven't since we did our kitchen renovation. I use this yogurt maker. The iced coffee is inspired by Lynette Yoder on YouTube.


Ok, I know I have promised you my poached egg tip, so here we go. Boil water in a shallow pot (I'm using my copper sauce pan). Drop your eggs in and let them boil for exactly 3 1/2 minutes, then take them out with a slotted spoon. You will need to monitor the eggs as they boil so the water doesn't overflow. Just keep scooping the foam that rises to the top out of the pan. Voilà! The perfect poached eggs. I'm also having my fruit-infused water. I use this pitcher, which has a built-in strainer.


At least once a week, I make these heart-shaped waffles. I've had my heart-shaped waffle iron for over ten years. My older son and I especially love this breakfast.


I forgot to make oatmeal the night before in the slow cooker, so I make it in my instant pot. I'm having it with chopped peaches and cinnamon toast. I'm drinking my coffee in my Daily Connoisseur coffee mug.


I made cherry vanilla overnight oats for today's breakfast. This recipe has 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup ripple pea milk, 1/2 cup plain yogurt mixed with Whole Earth stevia and monk fruit sweetener, chia seeds and vanilla extract. I layer with frozen pitted cherries and top with flax seeds. I place it in the fridge overnight and have delicious oats the next morning.


Today, I'm having a strawberry yogurt parfait and drinking the Bloom tea from Teami (They gave us a discount code: JLS25 to get 25% off). I normally drink coffee in the morning and then tea the rest of the day. On this day, however, I was having breakfast unusually late because I got busy with the kids and making a roast, so I already had my morning coffee. I would love to know... do you drink coffee or tea first thing in the morning? Do you switch it up as the day goes on like I do?


Poached eggs are my favorite breakfast and sometimes I have them every day for a week! I'm enjoying them again with sourdough toast.


I'm having a smoothie bowl today with kale from the garden. By the way, I have some great recipes in my new book, Connoisseur Kids, including smoothie bowl recipes. Basically, if you would like to make a smoothie bowl, just create a "thicker" smoothie by adding less liquid. Pour it in a bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Children love smoothie bowls!

I hope you enjoy today's video.

News
📍PRE-ORDER my new book, CONNOISSEUR KIDS, which comes out September 10th from Chronicle Books. (Formal announcement coming soon.)

📍Visit my newly designed author website.

📍Join me for the Mapp & Lucia book club's final installment, which will take place this summer. You can read my book club announcement here.

📍Check out my affordable eCourses: The Ten-Item Wardrobe, Chic Financial Principles for Debt-Free Living, and How to be Efficient at Home.

Instagram of the Week
Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic in Japan...
View this post on Instagram

After organizing some paperwork and cleaning the house I'm having relaxed and simple breakfast this morning.. . . Kiwis Lime Water with Ice and my new Bible,"Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic" by Jennifer L.Scott + + おはようございます。 主人がお子たちまとめて習い事へ連れて行ってくれたので、その間私は掃除、洗濯、新学期のペーパーワーク係。 . あわせてマダムシック3冊めを読んでいます。 シリーズを通して、とっても清々しくいい気持ちに、前向きに、人生を自分らしく素敵に輝かせる毎日のヒントがたくさん詰まっています。 + + #simple #breakfast #morning #bookstagram #jenniferlscott #madamechic #cleanhousecleanmind #朝食 #本好きな人と繋がりたい #読書 #読書好きな人と繋がりたい #ジェニファーlスコット #マダムシック #朝掃除部 #気持ちの良い朝 #リラックス #読書記録

A post shared by KCstar (@kanna_c_star) on



Comment of the Week
Diana J. writes, "Beautiful as always Jennifer! I find these videos so inspiring, Bc you never seem overly repetitive even though you have a small capsule wardrobe. Definitely calms my fears that other people will judge me as inappropriate for wearing outfits on repeat. Can’t wait to see if LL Bean brings out a new print of these dresses for Fall. They’re so versatile!! They’ve become your signature, classy, effortless style. PS will you ever share any info on the homeschool convention or how/why you choose your curriculum?"

Thank you, Diana! I have a homeschool update coming up soon. I appreciate you watching the channel! xx




Visit my newly designed Author Website

*NEW* Shop my Amazon page for a comprehensive list of my favorite things and mentions on the blog.

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Take my affordable eCourses on the ten-item wardrobe, debt-free living, and efficiency at home

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

FTC: This video is not sponsored. Some links may be affiliate.

10 comments:

Frenchcaligirl said...

Nice video, I usually have Fage yogurt with fresh fruit sprinkled with granola and chopped walnuts along with Pero (coffee alternative) since I can’t have caffeine and top it with frothed milk. If still a little hungry, I’ll have a slice of cinnamon or cinnamon raisin toast. Also make scrambled eggs some mornings when not having yogurt. I love a good waffle, too. My dad made them every Saturday morning when I was growing up. Still have such great memories of them and our family breakfasts. Kids remember things like that. I sometimes prepare an omelette for dinner, usually made with avocado slices, salsa, grated cheese and a little cayenne pepper. It’s great with a green salad.��

Erica said...

Hi Jennifer, I loved these. Recently we started ordering sardines from Spain, packed in olive oil. They are so delicious. Sometimes we'll have them in the morning on garlic toast, with olive oil and salt and pepper. A delicious Mediterranean breakfast. Even my kids love the sardines. They are a good source of omega 3 for the whole family also!

Deborah said...

Hi Jennifer,

This was a lovely change of pace, and welcome since I've been wondering about your meals and portions. I think I would still be hungry after most of your breakfasts... except the egg days. LOL

If I'm not eating supper's leftovers, I usually have 2 scrambled eggs in a flour tortilla, and will add either fried chopped onions with a spoon of mild Pace picante sauce, or fresh chopped basil and avocado slices, or leftover chicken meat (with only 1 egg on meat days), or some similar thing or combination. Then afterwards I sit down for personal Bible time with some 70% dark chocolate and a cup of black coffee. Yum.

Everything is organic, and I'm dairy free, but I would love to have cottage cheese with fruit. Also, the tortillas are instead of bread because I don't handle yeast, or high-fiber whole grains. I used to saute a big bunch of kale and onions before cracking the eggs in to scramble, but my oxalate levels were at kidney-stone level; thank the Lord the internist took labs to discover that! (Tell me if this is TMI?)

Oh, and I sometimes have vanilla unsweetened almond milk from Sam's Club. Delish!

LEF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LEF said...

Jennifer! Did you see today's NYT article on Jacqueline Kennedy spending her junior year of college living in Paris? I absolutely thought of you and la Famille Chic while reading it.

JennyP said...

Good morning on the coldest shortest day of the year! We had our grandchildren to stay and cooked up big pots of warm porridge (oatmeal?) Cooked in a saucepan on the stovetop stirred with a wooden spoon , it only takes a few minutes and served with a small spoon of golden syrup tucked into it to melt through and create warm memories and full tummies!

Deborah said...

PS Quite a nice collection of antique and vintage dishes! Is this for the video, or is this normal for you?

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Frenchcaligirl- I love all your breakfasts and love the omelette for dinner idea too!

Erica- sardines for breakfast are so good. We ate that way when we were in Portugal.

Deborah- your breakfasts sound so good!

LEF- Yes! Another reader had emailed me the article too. So neat!

JennyP- your porridge sounds so yummy. I love that!

Deborah- Yes, that is normal for us. These are our everyday plates.

Thank you for watching, ladies. This was fun!

Love,
Jennifer

Mimi Gregor said...

I don't drink coffee because I find that it gets me too wired. I make it for Paul, in a french press, and I will have a sip of his because I do like the taste. But one sip is sufficient. I drink tea. I like Republic of Tea teas, because I can also buy most of them online loose and in bulk. When I want something "hearty" in the morning, I will have British Breakfast tea. Usually, though, I will have my absolute favorite: Rose Petal. Oh, you would love this tea, Jennifer! It is a black tea mixed with rose petals and buds, and is redolent with their scent and taste. It is both stimulating (because of the tea) and relaxing (because of the roses). I also drink it in the mid-afternoon for a pick-me-up.

In the evening, because I am caffeine-sensitive, I have their Natural Hibiscus, which is hibiscus blossoms and dried stevia leaves. It has a lovely lemony taste and a beautiful deep pink color.

Kristyn Hall said...

I tried your method for poached eggs and they came out perfectly. Thank you so much! I have been a homemaker for 25 years and could never master that skill (I think my cookbooks scared me early on with their advice to "make a vortex"). Simple is best! ��