6.17.2019

# audience etiquette # Etiquette

Things Daily Connoisseurs Say: Part DEUX



Oh dear... I couldn't help myself! Today, I present to you another Things Daily Connoisseurs Say. This time we travel to the ballet, the airport, the shops, and deep into nature to see what happens in the mind of a Daily Connoisseur.



I think we can all agree that Ben is a very good sport for putting up with me!


What do Daily Connoisseurs say to their family at the dinner table?


What do Daily Connoisseurs do when they get stressed?


And is it too much to ask for five minutes alone for some fine reading and a cup of tea? Apparently!

Featured in today's video, my friend Alena Kate Pettitt's new book, English Etiquette.

As Daily Connoisseurs, it's important to laugh at ourselves. I hope today's video gives you a good laugh :)

News
📍PRE-ORDER my new book, CONNOISSEUR KIDS, which comes out September 10th from Chronicle Books. (Formal announcement coming soon.)

📍Visit my newly designed author website.

📍Join me for the Mapp & Lucia book club's final installment, which will take place this summer. You can read my book club announcement here.

📍Check out my affordable eCourses: The Ten-Item Wardrobe, Chic Financial Principles for Debt-Free Living, and How to be Efficient at Home.

On Instagram
Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic in a beautiful snap on Instagram...



Comment of the Week
Anonymous writes, "Hi Jennifer--
I work as a nurse in a hospital that was built in the 1930's. Some of the patient rooms have small closets inside--probably about 8 inches deep. There is a hook on the wall, as well as a shelf above, probably for a hat or small handbag. Each time I see one of these closets I think of you and smile. In those days, people hung their suit/dress inside. They did not have a lot of belongings, unlike today when patients bring duffel bags or suitcases with them.
Your 10 item wardrobe is such an inspiration--as you are. Many thanks! "



Hi Anon, Thank you! Your insights are so interesting. Yes, we can look to the past to realize that the ten-item wardrobe is not a radical invention... it's what most people have done in history. Thank you for reminding us of that.

I hope you enjoyed Things Daily Connoisseurs Say Part Deux :) I would love to know... which line resonated the most with you?

I'll see you soon for The Chic Assignment Check-In!

Jennifer xx

Visit my newly designed Author Website

*NEW* Shop my Amazon page for a comprehensive list of my favorite things and mentions on the blog.

Facebook facebook.com/JenniferLScottAuthor

Twitter @JL_Scott

Instagram @dailyconnoisseur

Take my affordable eCourses on the ten-item wardrobe, debt-free living, and efficiency at home

Sign up for my Seasonal Author Newsletter

FTC: This video is not sponsored. Some links may be affiliate.

12 comments:

Susan said...

That was a very funny video! This is my very first comment, but I watch most of your videos. This one really made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

If I knew how to insert the crying/laughing emoji, I would! I needed that laugh right now. Thanks for keeping it real!

Edel M said...

The one time the neighbours call over, I'm in my pyjamas... why?! 🤣

Gigi said...

That was hilarious!

Browyn Flaherty said...

Too cute!

Aussie Connoisseur said...

So, so funny Jennifer, I had to watch it again. On the rare occasion I have a slow morning and don't get dressed, the parcel delivery man will invariably come! Soooo annoying, and I feel extra guilty because I am clearly lounging while he has been out working since the crack of dawn. I laughed out loud both times when you mentioned improving your posture. I think as connoisseurs we can create a very long list of things to work on - no wonder we get stressed and need some time in nature!

Madeleine.x

Deborah said...

You did it again! Bravo, Jennifer! And yes, Ben is such a good sport, Bravo, Ben!
Your blog is the most interesting and unique, and I love your "platform" that you manage to present so invitingly.
About the particulars... I think I laughed the most over the scene where you are in nature, trying to de-stress, frantically fanning. That's funny!

I liked all the scenes, watched it 3 times already... AND, almost missed the closing black and white scene - The first 2 times I closed it when the "credits" started rolling, but the third time I didn't, and there was the little bonus! Hmmm... I think this isn't the first time you've dropped a little bonus for those who stick with it to the very end... hmmmm...
PS by the way, I also loved the "comment of the week" from the nurse who works in an old hospital with the small closets. What a fascinating observation. Similar to the small plates people used to eat from...small homes they lived in... etc.

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Ladies, thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I always get nervous before I release one of these videos because I never know how they will be received and I appreciate your positive feedback! It's good to keep it light-hearted and to make fun of ourselves so we don't get too lofty :)

Thank you for being a part of this blog and channel. It means so much to me!

With love,

Jennifer

PenelopesMom said...

I am literally laughing out loud! What a great video! And all very true!

Donna said...

Hi Jennifer, I watch your blog every week. I really, really needed a laugh today. Thank you so much. donna

Anonymous said...

Was really Fun to see a lighter side!!! Thanks!

Shannon said...

I introduced my friend to your videos. She's on strict bedrest awaiting her baby due in August. She's loving doing "marathon Jennifer L. Scott" videos. I know she's going to love this one! Laughter is a good medicine.